• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Calgary Comic Expo April 24 - 27 2014

296 posts in this topic

Time to get a thread devoted to the Calgary Comic Expo 2014 started.

Show has expanded to 4 days - Thursday through Sunday, April 24 - April 27 and will take up 418,000 sq. ft. of space.

Last year's attendance was 60,000. I believe the show was sold out and there were no tickets available at the door. This is one of the fastest growing shows in North America and one of the largest.

link to their website

http://www.calgaryexpo.com/

Guests announced so far include:

Anthony Daniels

Bruce Campbell

Laurie Holden

Emily Kinney

Shane Davis

Mark McKenna

Giancarlo Esposito

Marvin S. Mariano

Kevin Eastman

Fiona Staples

Danny Glover

George Romero

Karl Urban

R. L. Stein

Arthur Suydam

Links to previous Calgary Con reports.

2013 epic thread. Unfortunately artboy had a little problem with photobucket and the links to his 600 plus pics are broken. There are still quite a few decent pics in the thread.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=6644364

My team's 'Comic Finders' booth has expanded to 2. Same physical location as April, 2013 Calgary expo except with new booth #s 514, 515.

My Vancouver/Richmond, BC buddy will be selling anime plush toys, My Little Ponies, etc. in Calgary's expanded vendor area which is on 2nd floor of the Big 4 Building detached from main Expo hall. This is where the photo ops and gaming section was last Spring. Some of these 10' x 10' booths may still be available for $575 each but I don't really recommend the 2nd floor as prime retail space for comic vendors. :gossip:

Reading the past expo threads, sounds like a lot of crazy fun :grin:

Might have to take you guys on a tour of CowTown instead of trying to find the Keg lol

You have been reading lol

Please come by our Clobbering Time booth and say hello and perhaps join us for dinner

I have not laughed that hard in a long time. I couldn't breathe!

Reading the past expo threads, sounds like a lot of crazy fun :grin:

Might have to take you guys on a tour of CowTown instead of trying to find the Keg lol

You have been reading lol

Please come by our Clobbering Time booth and say hello and perhaps join us for dinner

hm I wonder if Peter's is open that time of year....