• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Giant Comics Editions #9 -- St. Johns 128-pt Giant AUCTION

41 posts in this topic

Auction starts immediately and ends at 11 PM CT (Chicago) on WEDNESDAY, February 12, 2014.

Please bid in $5 increments.

BIN price: $550 (which is around 2X OPG)

The OPG value for this in NM is $1650 in NM. After the #12, this may be one of the most difficult romance comics to find. (I won't tell you what I traded to get it... OK, I will. It was about 12 years ago, and I think I gave the guy two Police Comics in the 60s in VG! He loved Jack Cole.)

This is a tough book to grade. There is a small piece out of the cover on the right side, just next to her head. There's a tiny piece out of the bottom right-hand corner of the cover. There is a 1/2" split at the bottom of the front cover. The spine otherwise is incredibly nice. The corners, while not sharp, are pretty darn good.

The back cover is really sharp. The interior pages are off-white -- I very rarely see St. John's books with white pages. Ah, well.

Is it too much to call this a VG/FN? That's what I'll do. A VG/FN, qualified because of the small piece out.

I will pay for shipping/insurance in the US.

I will ship internationally; however, the winner will pay exact shipping + insurance.

I will take Paypal, check, money order. Check will need to clear.

I have references if needed.

PM me with any questions.