• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

chris hemsworth on an Avengers 4? Worth it or not

53 posts in this topic

I tend to think that the person who made the most impact with the character in TV or Film should sign a book.

First of all, that is unbelievably subjective. Who is going to decide whether Lou Ferrigno, Ed Norton, Mark Ruffalo or Eric Bana made the most impact? Obviously, it is a good way for you to decide how to choose amongst the actors, but I don't think it will play out that way for the market as a whole.

I would love a Garfield or a Mcguire. I would love to have the actors from the terrible Roger Corman film on an FF book. I have Val Kilmer and Adam West, and would love Keaton and Clooney. I don't need Christian Bale. His tirade really made me dislike him.

To sum up, for me, any actor that has a connection to a super-hero or other comic role that I have appreciated, I would want to have on SS.

I did say in my last post that it's debatable.

Truthfully, who wants a books signed from an actor in a failed comic related project? I certainly don't although I am sure someone out there wants to collect the signatures of actors from failed Marvel projects (both big and small)

- Captain America from the two 70s TV Movies

- Peter Parker/Spidey from the live action 70s Spider-man series

- Thor & Daredevil from the Incredible Hulk TV movies of the 80s

- Eric Bana from the first Hulk movie

- The Cast from the low budget Fantastic Four flick

- the chick who played White Queen in the Generation X TV Movie -- I can go on.

All I'm saying is that getting a celeb sig on a comic is a subjective thing. Don't go in thinking you'll make money. Otherwise you're setting yourself up for punishment. Do it because you want to own it and enjoy having it.

I tend to think that the person who made the most impact with the character in TV or Film should sign a book.

First of all, that is unbelievably subjective. Who is going to decide whether Lou Ferrigno, Ed Norton, Mark Ruffalo or Eric Bana made the most impact? Obviously, it is a good way for you to decide how to choose amongst the actors, but I don't think it will play out that way for the market as a whole.

I would love a Garfield or a Mcguire. I would love to have the actors from the terrible Roger Corman film on an FF book. I have Val Kilmer and Adam West, and would love Keaton and Clooney. I don't need Christian Bale. His tirade really made me dislike him.

To sum up, for me, any actor that has a connection to a super-hero or other comic role that I have appreciated, I would want to have on SS.

I did say in my last post that it's debatable.

Truthfully, who wants a books signed from an actor in a failed comic related project? I certainly don't although I am sure someone out there wants to collect the signatures of actors from failed Marvel projects (both big and small)

All I'm saying is that getting a celeb sig on a comic is a subjective thing. Don't go in thinking you'll make money. Otherwise you're setting yourself up for punishment. Do it because you want to own it and enjoy having it.

BUT if you do purely want the investment value, its suggested that you do a modern, any photocover comic would cost you at most $10 in 9.8 candidate raw, $200 sig, $45 slab/invoice/shipping fee back, and you've invested $255 to maybe flip for $300-$350 at minimum. If you did the same thing to a $2000 comic to raise the value $200, your investment (and risk) would be much higher and your percentage return would be much smaller, not worth it. If you really wanted to be all in on investments, you would sell your Avengers 4 for multiple Thor comics for him to sign and get graded, as that's a way better 'investment'.

You consider all those things "failures." I consider them part of the considerable body of artistic work that relates to comics being translated to the big and small screen.

I have a real job to make money. I'm in this for the d-list celebs!!!

I'm looking for appearances by all of these people.

You consider all those things "failures." I consider them part of the considerable body of artistic work that relates to comics being translated to the big and small screen.

You ARE a D-List celebrity

Corey Feldman asked me for my autograph the last time I saw him!

Corey Feldman asked me for my autograph the last time I saw him!

:facepalm:

:ohnoez:

If it's what you want for your collection then I'd say go for it. Personally I'd rather have Chris Evans on Avenger #4. I'd pick another cover for Hemsworth. Celebrity sigs are cool if they're not easily accessible i.e multiple celebs on a single book or celebs on classic covers. My copy of Iron Man #128 signed by Robert Downey Jr. and Jon Favreau is my favorite celeb SS book.