• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

chris hemsworth on an Avengers 4? Worth it or not

53 posts in this topic

Chris Hemsworth is Attending Wizard World Sacramento and I am debating on getting him to sign my Avengers 4. I thought asking the CGC community would help me make a choice.

I am already doing my avengers blank already signed by Joss & Stan but I figured if I am going to do it might as well do x2.

351FAF5E-867F-4969-BE6B-B97AE4F84A91-3813-000002714AB2986D.jpg

FD8899E7-C0F6-4D54-9D1D-4BAA023F1B2A-4308-00000208C789CDCC_zps02565984.jpg

I am a huge fan of SS, I've had hundreds of books done for myself, I've made some pretty weird ones too, but I say no way to the Avengers #4.

First off, Avengers 4 is more of Cap book anyway, so the Thor sig is tangential. I don't think, long term, you're going to be doing yourself or that book any favors.

If you're going to go Silver age...I would get a Golden Records Reprint of JIM 83 and put Hemsworth on it.

I'd never do it :eek:

If you ever decide to sell your Avengers 4, I think your pool of interested buyers would be severely limited than if you just had a Stan Lee signature on it. If it's just for your own personal collection, than if it pleases you go ahead, but I'd never want a celebrities signature on a comic that isn't fundamentally associated with them in a creative aspect, let alone such a key issue.

Have you thought about getting one of those modern Thor variants that have a Chris Hemsworth photo cover? I picked one up to potentially do this in the future.

I agree with the previous poster that stated AVENGERS #4 was more of an Capt America-centered than Thor center.

Bear in mind, I got my IRON FIST #14 (1st App of Sabretooth) signed by Tyler Mane (Sabretooth in X-MEN film) and I don't regret it one bit. I may get SABRETOOTH #1 mini signed by him & Mark Texeira next time I see them both at a con.

If Christopher Reeve were alive, I'd have him sign a Superman book. Although Dean Cain and others have played the character, I wouldn't hunt for their signatures unless it's on material they're related to i.e. Dean Cain signing an ADVENTURES OF LOIS & CLARK comic or trade paperback. Then again, there's the question of Bruce Campbell and the ARMY OF DARKNESS COMICS. Would you just get him to sign the original adaptation or any of the other incarnations that Dynamite Entertainment has been churning out?

I say it depends on the actor, how great they made their role and whether this is for you as a keepsake or to sell later on down the line.

If anything, you can get Chris Hemsworth to sign THOR #1 from either of these creators runs on the title: Jason Aaron/ Esade Ribic (Recent), J. Michael Straczynski/Olivier Coipel (00s) or John Romita Jr./Dan Jurgens (90s) run.

The Straczynski/Coipel run would make more sense as the story slightly reflects the 1st Thor film. You could also add the sigs of the respective creators on the books too.

I wish you good luck with whatever your decision may be.

Then again, there's the question of Bruce Campbell and the ARMY OF DARKNESS COMICS. Would you just get him to sign the original adaptation or any of the other incarnations that Dynamite Entertainment has been churning out?

Campbell won't sign the Dynamite books.

Then again, there's the question of Bruce Campbell and the ARMY OF DARKNESS COMICS. Would you just get him to sign the original adaptation or any of the other incarnations that Dynamite Entertainment has been churning out?

Campbell won't sign the Dynamite books.

Dark Horse all the way.

Who is Damion Potter?

Harry's long lost brother.

Damion Poitier=Thanos in Avengers 2012 :grin:

6tpgb.jpg

I should stick to fart jokes. lol

Chris Hemsworth is Attending Wizard World Sacramento and I am debating on getting him to sign my Avengers 4. I thought asking the CGC community would help me make a choice.

Oh…HELL no….

I really want a Captain America #6 CGC SS but everybody had Stan Lee sign the thing. WHY? He didn't create Cap, didn't create Bucky, and didn't create the Winter Soldier. I see Hemsworth on an Avengers 4 the same way.

….

Oh…HELL no….

I really want a Captain America #6 CGC SS but everybody had Stan Lee sign the thing. WHY? He didn't create Cap, didn't create Bucky, and didn't create the Winter Soldier. I see Hemsworth on an Avengers 4 the same way.

….

Damn it Doug. Stop sugar-coating everything!