• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

(20) Mystery lots w/ ASM 29 and 19 others for prizes!

21 posts in this topic

Terms:

• Paypal, check or money order are all accepted.
  • Feel free to PM me with offers. I will not laugh or take offense, so offer away.
  • Shipping is what it costs me unless otherwise noted in the thread.
  • Shipping is typically 1 to 2 business days after payment is received.
  • :takeit: rules unless an item is on hold. If I'm dealing with PMs, I try my best to put items on hold, but in the case of a conflict between a :takeit: via PM and a :takeit: in the thread, earliest timestamp wins out.
  • I will not do business with anybody on the probation list or the Hall of Shame. (tsk)
  • If there is any pressing or restoration, I will list it.
  • If not listed, condition is VG or better.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed. If you're not happy with it, you can return it for a full refund, including shipping costs both ways. This applies to both raw and slabbed comics, so buy with confidence.

Updated 02/15/14

I am now offering (20) lots of comics at $50 each plus shipping. I will be specifying the general theme of each lot. Most lots will contain around (20) comics, but some will have more or less. The lots that have less will have generally more valuable comics. I'll list with each lot the time period (bronze, copper, modern) and also whether or not it (mostly) will contain comics from my OO collection (of which there will be a few 9.8 candidates). For the most part, bronze comics will be at least VG, and copper and modern comics will be at least VF. There are a handful that might be lower grade, but not very many.

Amazing Spider-Man #29 in F condition is still one of the prizes, but now there will be 19 others as well. Here is the scan:

asm29_zpsb6a7709d.jpg

The prizes will only be available if all (20) lots sell.

After all (20) lots have been paid for, I will enter the Lot numbers and the person who purchased them at random.org and randomize the list to see the order that everybody gets to pick.

Once the "draft order" has been determined, we'll go down the list and everybody gets to pick what prize they want once it gets to their turn (similar to Venom's mystery lot sales).

Please specify which lot you'd like when you post the :takeit:

Lot #1 (Red Sonja; modern; 5 comics) -

Lot #2 (Campbell, Turner, Hughes, Stevens; modern; 7 comics) -

Lot #3 (Danger Girl; modern; 3 comics) -

Lot #4 (J. Scott Campbell; modern; 5 comics) -

Lot #5 (Bronze Age lot; 20 comics) -

Lot #6 (JLA; bronze; 8 comics) -

Lot #7 (Hulk, Spider-Man, Wolverine; copper; 20 comics) - Mad Titan

Lot #8 (Daredevil (some Miller and at least 3 9.8 candidates); copper (OO); 13 comics) -

Lot #9 (DC/Independent; modern; 30 comics) -

Lot #10 (Strange Tales (new); copper (OO); 20 comics) -

Lot #11 (Avengers related; copper (OO); 20 comics) -

Lot #12 (DC, copper/modern (some OO); 20 comics) -

Lot #13 (Elementals/Independent; copper (OO); 30 comics) -

Lot #14 (Star Wars/Independent; modern; 30 comics) -

Lot #15 (Batman related; bronze; 6 comics) -

Lot #16 (Batman related; copper/modern (some OO); 12 comics) -

Lot #17 (DC, copper/modern (some OO); 20 comics) -

Lot #18 (Marvel; copper/modern (some OO); 20 comics) -

Lot #19 (Punisher/Thor/Longshot; copper (some OO); 20 comics)-

Lot #20 (Marvel (with a few X-books); copper/modern (mostly OO); 20 comics)-

Prizes:

1. ASM #29 F

2. Action Comics #309 VF-

3. Action Comics #310 VF/NM

4. Marvel Premiere #48

5. Strange Tales #130

6. Daredevil #182 9.8

7. Omega Men #3 NM-

8. Fantastic Four #238 CGC SS 9.0 WP, signed by Terry Austin

9. Fantastic Four #242 CGC SS 9.0 WP, signed by Terry Austin

10. Danger Girl #2, DF Holochromium variant w/ COA, NM+ or better

11. Danger Girl: The Dangerous Collection #1, DF w/ COA, NM+ or better

12. Batman #426 NM+

13. Batman #608, NM-, signed by Jim Lee w/ COA

14. Savage Wolverine #1, Mile High variant (Campbell cover), NM+ or better

15. Hero Comics 2011, NM or better, signed by J. Scott Campbell

16. X-Men Annual #6 CGC 9.8 WP

I have to finalize the last 4 prizes.

Please PM me with questions.

Sorry for the delay...I'm at work. Sometimes I can reply quickly and sometimes not. ;)

As far as company, mostly Marvel, some DC, some independent. I do have a handful of cartoon (mostly Uncle Scrooge/Donald Duck/WDC&S from the late 70s/80s) if anybody would like those in their lot. There are no keys, but for the most part, a bunch of well cared for comics from my OO collection. There are a few 9.8 candidates in there.

Marvel:

a few Spider-Man related

Punisher

New Strange Tales with Cloak and Dagger

Fantastic Four (mostly Byrne issues)

Thor (Simonson)

Daredevil (Miller and some misc others in the low to mid 200s)

a few Hulks (low to mid grade, late 70s)

DC:

a few Superman

a few Wonder Woman

some other odds and ends

Independent:

Elementals

I'm trying to remember off-hand, but that will give you an idea. There are a lot of odds and ends.

The new Strange Tales with Cloak and Dagger AND Dr. Strange are such an underrated series. They are among the finest copper Marvel titles, and hardly remembered.

The covers alone (mostly by Kevin Nowlan) are something wonderful, but the stories are what should prompt one to pick them… :)

The new Strange Tales with Cloak and Dagger AND Dr. Strange are such an underrated series. They are among the finest copper Marvel titles, and hardly remembered.

The covers alone (mostly by Kevin Nowlan) are something wonderful, but the stories are what should prompt one to pick them… :)

+1,000,000

I loathe Bret Blevins, so I never read the Cloak and Dagger part. But this is without question one of the best Dr. Strange stories of all time.

I know that it probably doesn't help to have a silver age prize for copper mystery lots, but does anybody have any suggestions? Would 20 lots of 10 comics work better?
I think you should show pics/scans of the books that will be included to show exactly what you have. Just a suggestion, GLWTS!

I know that it probably doesn't help to have a silver age prize for copper mystery lots, but does anybody have any suggestions? Would 20 lots of 10 comics work better?
I think you should show pics/scans of the books that will be included to show exactly what you have. Just a suggestion, GLWTS!

Thanks for the input...I really should have thought of adding pics/scans :doh: