• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Twilight Zone (Dynamite)

9 posts in this topic

Just read #1 (monthly shipments from DCBS put me a little behind) and enjoyed it. I know with the mix of dynamite and JMS this is will almost certainly be delayed at some point, but as a HUGE fan of the TV show, I feel like this book captured the feel very well. JMS' approach to the title and it's format seems like enough of a departure from most books that it should make for a different read. I think the art was solid and plot lines have been scattered enough to make this feel like it will be interesting throughout the story. Anyone else in for an arc or so?

I enjoyed it too, but I thought these were going to be one-shot stories. I wonder how long the arcs are supposed to last. I'll get issue #2, but if the story doesn't wrap up by #3, then I'm not sure it will hold my interest

I enjoyed it too, but I thought these were going to be one-shot stories. I wonder how long the arcs are supposed to last. I'll get issue #2, but if the story doesn't wrap up by #3, then I'm not sure it will hold my interest

From what I understand, each story will have multiple arcs within it, each arc being 3-4 issues long I believe. Each arc will in some way contribute to the overall story, which will be around 12 issues. So while the arc can be read and finished and enjoyed, it will contribute to further a larger story as well. One example that was given may be different characters perspectives, how events played out for them, or where they events of the arc left them.

I also was looking for short stories, but after reading this first issue I feel like the pacing was just right, and I wouldn't have wanted the story condensed any further. I don't feel like there were any wasted panels, just plot threads to follow later.

I wanted Rod Serling in a panel smoking a cigarette introducing us to the comic. Other than that its been great so far.

Me too! I knew the writing was spot on when I found myself reading the introduction with his voice and cadence instinctively. I knew thats what it had to be.