• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

*UPDATE* WW Sacramento: Accepting submissions - Chris Hemsworth & Everyone Else!

34 posts in this topic

Kevlar is a great guy and someone that I trust to handle my own books. As a matter of fact ill be sending him some myself for Chris.

Thanks for handling this Torrey.

+1 I would not hesitate to send my books to him.

+2

+3. Torrey is a true professional in this business. :)

For Chris Hemsworth, is a comic considered a specialty item ($200 fee) or does it fall under the 8x10 ($150 fee)?

I would imagine that it would fall in the everything else category for $200.00 because a comic doesn't = an 8x10 photo. Although they are similar in size, it would be like comparing apples and oranges. They probably mean that everything else=your collectible.

EVERYTHING ELSE = anything you bring. They will have photos there...those photos that they supply are the ONLY things that are $150.

But I have people that are sending hammers...they are sending them to show. I get 3 checked bags so all the stuff should be fine on the way back...I've informed people sending larger items that I can do 1 of two things. I can ship Fed Ex ground right from the show and will let them know the cost, or I can bring them back with me and ship them from home. If I need to pay to get items home due to weight or more than 3 checked bags, I'll divide that up by however many items there are. You just need to let me know what you want me to do.

Kevlar is a great guy and someone that I trust to handle my own books. As a matter of fact ill be sending him some myself for Chris.

+2

On time Torrey Bench pressed a small car.

+2

Torrey has been known to drink gasoline in the morning to help him wake up because coffee just doesn't have enough kick.

+2

Torrey doesn't bench press the car, he pushes the world down.

For Chris Hemsworth, is a comic considered a specialty item ($200 fee) or does it fall under the 8x10 ($150 fee)?

I would imagine that it would fall in the everything else category for $200.00 because a comic doesn't = an 8x10 photo. Although they are similar in size, it would be like comparing apples and oranges. They probably mean that everything else=your collectible.

EVERYTHING ELSE = anything you bring. They will have photos there...those photos that they supply are the ONLY things that are $150.

But I have people that are sending hammers...they are sending them to show. I get 3 checked bags so all the stuff should be fine on the way back...I've informed people sending larger items that I can do 1 of two things. I can ship Fed Ex ground right from the show and will let them know the cost, or I can bring them back with me and ship them from home. If I need to pay to get items home due to weight or more than 3 checked bags, I'll divide that up by however many items there are. You just need to let me know what you want me to do.

Bit confused but I'm also slow. So if I want a comic signed its $50 plus the grading fee's only correct? Or is the $50 paid to you and I have to pay for what they charge for a sig. The info got a bit convoluted.

Further more, do you have any Avenger movie comics?

Bit confused but I'm also slow. So if I want a comic signed its $50 plus the grading fee's only correct? Or is the $50 paid to you and I have to pay for what they charge for a sig. The info got a bit convoluted.

The total would be CGC Fees, + $50 to Torrey + Wizard World Fees ($150, or $200 depending on item) = Total amount paid.

The total would be CGC Fees, + $50 to Torrey + Wizard World Fees ($150, or $200 depending on item) = Total amount paid.

Phew, glad i didnt jump on it. Thanks for the info

Phew, glad i didnt jump on it. Thanks for the info

Yeah...he's not a cheap signature.

+2

Torrey doesn't bench press the car, he pushes the world down.

You guys are all dorks! :insane:

CONVENTION UPDATE:

SKETCH COVERS -

Had someone who wanted a sketch cover by Humberto Ramos back out so I do have a sketch cover slot open for him.

CHRIS CLAREMONT -

At the Wizard World New Orleans convention Chris Claremont spoke about increasing his CGC signature cost from $10 to $20. If anyone is looking for Claremont Signature series and wants to save some money, this might be the last chance before he raises his prices.

STAN LEE -

Will be doing a number of signatures with Stan Lee. If you want to have something signed by Hemsworth AND Stan Lee, I will be waiving the $5 fee for Stan. This ONLY applies to dual sig Chris Hemsworth/Stan Lee items.

GREG HORN -

The variant for the show is a Wolverine #1 variant cover by Greg Horn. If anyone wants CGC 9.8 copies or CGC 9.8 SS copies of this book I will be obtaining copies to pre-screen for 9.8 or better candidates. In addition, he will be selling a limited amount of re-sketched books that will already be CGC graded. I am trying to get the price on those right now...if anyone is interested let me know and when I have the price I can message you.

Last call for books for Sacramento...books need to be to me by March 4th. For those of you who ordered Hemsworth books, the tickets have been purchased...if anyone else still wants items signed by Hemsworth I need to know to get the rest of the tickets.

Thanks,

Torrey