• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Looking for nice Tales of Suspense #52

32 posts in this topic

Don't know how much you want to spend but gman just had a CGC 9.2 copy that didn't sell on ebay...reserve was not hit at $450... confused-smiley-013.gifpoke2.gif try to PM him if interested...

Don't know how much you want to spend but gman just had a CGC 9.2 copy that didn't sell on ebay...reserve was not hit at $450... confused-smiley-013.gifpoke2.gif try to PM him if interested...

thanks but i had a #53. yeahok.gif

thanks but i had a #53. yeahok.gif

foreheadslap.gif

Sorry gman. My bad.

My copy is ok, probably a F/VF. Looking for another same grade or higher. Would probably buy or trade. Either or. Don't mind.

I had an 8.0 up on ComicLink for a couple of months that saw no action. I just sold it to Jimm94.

tos52.JPG

Did you get a better copy?

That actually looks pretty sharp.

27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif i sold FFB my Raw copy of TOS #52. that's the one you helped me grade at an approx 8.5 - i'm sure hoping it turns out to be an upgrade for him.............. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

it wasn't quite as nice as the # 53, but not too shabby. it had a better spine than this 8.0 copy and was quite bright and deeply colored. the main defect was those tiny angled tears on the top which we all believed to be a printing/cutting error and which might escape without too much of a downgrade..........

Did you get a better copy?

That actually looks pretty sharp.

27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif i sold FFB my Raw copy of TOS #52. that's the one you helped me grade at an approx 8.5 - i'm sure hoping it turns out to be an upgrade for him.............. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

it wasn't quite as nice as the # 53, but not too shabby. it had a better spine than this 8.0 copy and was quite bright and deeply colored. the main defect was those tiny angled tears on the top which we all believed to be a printing/cutting error and which might escape without too much of a downgrade..........

I remembered you saying that the #53 is nicer. I actually disagree. I think the #52 will grade out at least a full grade higher than the #53. I am going to send them in with my next submission and I'll let you know what they get.

BTW, the tears along the top look like classic Marvel pre-chipping to me. You just kept your books in good enough conditions to keep the full chips from forming. cloud9.gif

remembered you saying that the #53 is nicer. I actually disagree. I think the #52 will grade out at least a full grade higher than the #53. I am going to send them in with my next submission and I'll let you know what they get.

BTW, the tears along the top look like classic Marvel pre-chipping to me. You just kept your books in good enough conditions to keep the full chips from forming.

They were both very nice books. Please inform us of the grades (PM me just in case I miss the post).

Can I just ask.

Gman and Burnt. Who the heck are those women in your avatars? Are they.... yours?

Gman has had his avatar for a long time now (don't know where from), and Burnt's is the famous "Supergirl body paint" girl that was posted along time ago (was it Darth, Bruce, or maybe Chrom that first posted it? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif)

Can I just ask.

Gman and Burnt. Who the heck are those women in your avatars? Are they.... yours?

foreheadslap.gif

Only ONE man would post an avatar of his real life woman in poses like that, and he doesn't really post here anymore.

yay.gif

Can I just ask.

she is something eh? hail.gif

I believe that something you're referring to is silicone!

BTW, I got a chance to see the Sid's Luncheonette TOS 52 and 53 a few weeks ago when Scott came over for dinner. Although not structurally perfect, the freshness of the inks and pages was outstanding. Ya did good, Harry! thumbsup2.gif

Can I just ask.

foreheadslap.gif

Only ONE man would post an avatar of his real life woman in poses like that, and he doesn't really post here anymore.

yay.gif

2839.jpg

Can I just ask.

she is something eh? hail.gif

I believe that something you're referring to is silicone!

BTW, I got a chance to see the Sid's Luncheonette TOS 52 and 53 a few weeks ago when Scott came over for dinner. Although not structurally perfect, the freshness of the inks and pages was outstanding. Ya did good, Harry! thumbsup2.gif

And Jimm's a bit particular (if you know what I mean . . . ) 27_laughing.gif

stooges.gif