• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Marvel News from WW Dallas

24 posts in this topic

I can sum this up in one phrase:

"Change for the sake of change"

news.gifI'm not sure if it's Marvel's fault or if the readership has unintentionally pushed things in this direction, but there is no consistency across the titles, or even within the books themselves from one story arc to the next. I'm really getting burnt out on all the directionless "Bold New Direction!". I have almost 30 Marvel titles on my pull list (including minis) and am at a point where I'm going to cut that down to zero and only buy something the week it comes out if it catches my eye.

Also, I think Scott Kollins is the worst artist working in comics today. No disrespect to him personally or to any of his fans, but I had to get that off my chest. All of the graffiti-style artists come in as a close second.

I love good creative consistency. Most of the books I read have had the same talent for a long time and in some cases the entire run.

Titles I read having the same creative team for 12 or more issues:

100 Bullets

Y The Last Man

Ultimate Spider-Man

Pulse (was Alias for 28 issues)

Punisher

Four of those five are in my top 5 favorites list with Conan (nine issues with the same team) being the 5th and not counting mini series.

Thor will return in the summer of 2005.

Its obvious to me that they don't have a clue which direction they are going now that they have dug a hole so deep with the last arc that they can't see out of it. Its too bad because I did enjoy the artwork. My favorite series to read and now I have to wait almost a year to see another issue. Unfrickingbelieveable. Christo_pull_hair.gif