• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Value Stamp removed and replaced

7 posts in this topic

I recently purchased a copy of Incredible Hulk 181 on an online auction. When I received the book - everything looked great - probably a 9.0/9.2 book, except I noticed on further inspection that the Value Stamp had been removed (looked like it had been taken out with a scalpel) and then taped back into place in the book. I have no idea what the effect on overall grade would be...looking for advice on what to expect.

Thanks!

I remember when this used to be a big deal years ago, people would cut them out of the cheapo books and replace them in the higher dollar ones or more key ones. Would probably be a qualified grade since essentially it has been clipped and replaced.

I recently purchased a copy of Incredible Hulk 181 on an online auction. When I received the book - everything looked great - probably a 9.0/9.2 book, except I noticed on further inspection that the Value Stamp had been removed (looked like it had been taken out with a scalpel) and then taped back into place in the book. I have no idea what the effect on overall grade would be...looking for advice on what to expect.

Thanks!

You got royally screwed. If it's still within the return window, send that puppy back. Do not pass GO, do not collect $200, just return that sucka! :sumo:

At least a true fraud would've replaced the entire wrap! :frustrated:

I hate to say it but you got ripped off... Someone knew exactly what they were doing. The correct stamp from incredible Hulk #181 should be Shanna the She-Devil. I hope the seller at least replaced the missing stamp with the correct value stamp? if you decide to give Incredible Hulk #181 another go around I'd recommend looking into CGC graded copies. It cuts out the guess work and you know what your getting ahead of time with no surprises. Best of luck.

I hate to say it but you got ripped off... Someone knew exactly what they were doing. The correct stamp from incredible Hulk #181 should be Shanna the She-Devil. I hope the seller at least replaced the missing stamp with the correct value stamp? if you decide to give Incredible Hulk #181 another go around I'd recommend looking into CGC graded copies. It cuts out the guess work and you know what your getting ahead of time with no surprises. Best of luck.

+1

I would demand a full refund If I were you. It's amazing how much that little stamp lowers the value of that book. It's no wonder its called the Marvel Value Stamp.