• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Best of the Best Challenges

51 posts in this topic

Really happy also to see kaholo1256 taking care of the Best of. We all know this is time consuming. (thumbs u

Anyway, I'm wondering if we could have a thread topic titled something like "Best of the Best Facts and Information" and have the mods keep it at the top of this Forum. Maybe we could have the rules posted there - but only with the updates.

Thoughts?

Well you can found all the rules and update along the date in yellow here on the cgcsketch.com website:

http://cgcsketch.com/rules.htm

Now that the contest is alive again I will update the site also! :)

Thanks for the clarification Erik! (thumbs u

It's cool seeing some of these new ones coming up now. Should be interesting in the coming weeks seeing if we reviving any of the older long standing ones like Capt. America or Superman. May try the idea though of a Best of the Best Con Sketch. If it catches on following Megacon maybe keep it up to showcase some of those that don't yet have a place in the BotB yet. Heck if there are competing Con's might be cool to see which Con reigned supreme for the weekend. Maybe at the end of the Year have a vote on which Con turned about the best sketch... All of these would of course be winners of the infamous no prize but would be cool to see.

Any ideas or comments?

I think there should be a Daredevil BOTB. I don't have one to compete, but would be cool to see.

Erndog and myself have been requesting that for months. I have a Neal Adams Daredevil/Batman combo and an Andy Carreon one that could easily compete with Earth X Daredevil/Daredevil combo. Erndog has a nice collection in which the Doctor Doom/Daredevil combo comes to mind, but has some others that are really nice that I wish i had in my collection.

We just need to win a new category to see that happen, but as of right now DC is pretty underrepresented here so it might be awhile.

May try the idea though of a Best of the Best Con Sketch. If it catches on following Megacon maybe keep it up to showcase some of those that don't yet have a place in the BotB yet. Heck if there are competing Con's might be cool to see which Con reigned supreme for the weekend. Maybe at the end of the Year have a vote on which Con turned about the best sketch... All of these would of course be winners of the infamous no prize but would be cool to see.

Any ideas or comments?

Sounds like it could be fun, but you'd probably have to clarify if it's only for convention sketches done at the show or also including pre-commissions/sketch opps done at the artist's home and simply picked up at the show.

I think there should be a Daredevil BOTB. I don't have one to compete, but would be cool to see.

Erndog and myself have been requesting that for months. I have a Neal Adams Daredevil/Batman combo and an Andy Carreon one that could easily compete with Earth X Daredevil/Daredevil combo. Erndog has a nice collection in which the Doctor Doom/Daredevil combo comes to mind, but has some others that are really nice that I wish i had in my collection.

We just need to win a new category to see that happen, but as of right now DC is pretty underrepresented here so it might be awhile.

Honestly I was thinking Justice League. I mean Marvel has its huge team followings with X-Men and Avengers but DC seems to only have maybe the Bad Girls of Gotham...

Sounds like it could be fun, but you'd probably have to clarify if it's only for convention sketches done at the show or also including pre-commissions/sketch opps done at the artist's home and simply picked up at the show.

I think maybe anything that was done for a show or at a show should qualify. Most Con quick sketches are usually a little dicey for the exception of a few but like the Elias pieces for Doug's opps or Mangolds opp should be able to qualify as well. It would be more honor code type of a deal but I'm sure some rules could be hashed out for it.

Ok,

To all the new winner's I think I PM'ed all of you your link for the BotB Icon's linked to cgcsketch. For the Defending champs I sent a message off to Erik B. for the change in your Icon's for the 2 and if any of the fallen would like to have an Icon PM me and I'll make sure you get yours as well or you can go here click on your fallen icon and it will pop up in the box up top.

Additionally Erik has photo's of everyone's winner's and such and will be updating the website soon.

Congrat's to the winner's, defenders, and an amazing run by the fallen as well as the competition. Keep up the challenges and in 30 days I guess we will see if we have any other competitor's.

Additionally we still have six on-going polls, BotB Wolverine, Venom, Black Cat, Emma Frost, Jean Grey for the chance to go up against the Champ, and the decider of our next category Juggernaut who following the win you can whisper sweet nothings in there ear for whatever category it is you want to have up next.

Also up till Friday you can enter and or gain the necessary nominations in order to jump in on any other past BotB category.

Honestly I was thinking Justice League. I mean Marvel has its huge team followings with X-Men and Avengers but DC seems to only have maybe the Bad Girls of Gotham...

That is what I mean by underrepresented by D.C. we don't even have the Justice League as a category, but also missing is Suicide Squad, Teen Titans, Birds of Prey, and etc..

Ok,

To all the new winner's I think I PM'ed all of you your link for the BotB Icon's linked to cgcsketch. For the Defending champs I sent a message off to Erik B. for the change in your Icon's for the 2 and if any of the fallen would like to have an Icon PM me and I'll make sure you get yours as well or you can go here click on your fallen icon and it will pop up in the box up top.

Additionally Erik has photo's of everyone's winner's and such and will be updating the website soon.

Congrat's to the winner's, defenders, and an amazing run by the fallen as well as the competition. Keep up the challenges and in 30 days I guess we will see if we have any other competitor's.

Additionally we still have six on-going polls, BotB Wolverine, Venom, Black Cat, Emma Frost, Jean Grey for the chance to go up against the Champ, and the decider of our next category Juggernaut who following the win you can whisper sweet nothings in there ear for whatever category it is you want to have up next.

Also up till Friday you can enter and or gain the necessary nominations in order to jump in on any other past BotB category.

the website needs to be updated also for some of the ones that happened in November, like mine

Yeah, mine is the same way with the Black Lantern one as well. Now that this is up and at full steam Erik PM'ed me and should be on it in a few days. I sent photos of the winners but will go through and check out all of the past winners just to make sure he has the most up to date information like yours and any other past ones.

Thanks Kaholo for stepping up and taking this on. It just got to be way too much for me with all the cons. I was getting to a show and seeing like 5 new challenges a week. I really appreciate it I love the BOTB

Agreed! I would have trouble narrowing it down to just submitting one lol

I may make a signature with a bunch of my sketch covers... I just gotta figure out how to do that lol. Anyone wanna do it for me? ;)

Agreed! I would have trouble narrowing it down to just submitting one lol

I may make a signature with a bunch of my sketch covers... I just gotta figure out how to do that lol. Anyone wanna do it for me? ;)

lol I'm in the same boat on the sig line. I can't figure out how to get more than the five pics I have to fit.

Yeah brotha throw your hat in any ring you choose for the exception of the ones that just finished up. For now once you bring up an old one I will do a Poll one week from the initiation of your challenge so to give others a chance and honestly a weekend to join in. Helps me space them out a little. Figured this initial push is out of the way so these will now be more by threes and fours for the rest of this month.