• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Glebe Brothers SKetcH Opp GRADES ARE IN!!!!

108 posts in this topic

So how does this work? If I as the artist does a set number of covers can I submit them to CCG and do my own SS op or is it just left to bloodsucking Agents.

This was an earlier Variant Cover I recently finished or two.

wolverine_variant2_by_justice4one-d77f43j.jpg

No, I believe an artist can send books direct to CGC as long as correct paperwork is filled out, probably best to contact SoylentBlue on the boards (http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=6515530#Post6515530)

When I contacted CGC they told me the artist has to have a minimum # of covers and must work with a facilitator. The rules may have changed since I last spoke with them (I think his name was Michael). I hope they let artists send in...it would make it a lot easier!

Grrrr I hate this sort of thing when people are angry at agents!

For the last 18 years I have worked in entertainment as an acrobat.... And I can honestly say that agents are great as they keep fees high, even though they take a cut.

In my industry I'd have to say that fee's are lower now than 18 years ago as clients can now contact performers directly (thanks to the internet) and performers undercut each other all the time as they are desperate for the job.... so prices are around 75% of where they were almost two decades ago. This is horrendous and most industries will have expected wages to go way up over this time... Not down.

So before all you artists out there moan about agents, be very careful that you are not undercutting each other and killing your own market.

My industry is grim.

Sorry rant over... But I like agents!

I'd just like to point out that the majority of sketch opps on these boards are run by facilitators that do not represent the artists as agents. Sometimes they arrange things directly with the artist but often they actually arrange things with the artist's actual agent. I don't know the financial details of these opps, but I'm pretty sure the facilitators don't make any money off them.

Grrrr I hate this sort of thing when people are angry at agents!

For the last 18 years I have worked in entertainment as an acrobat.... And I can honestly say that agents are great as they keep fees high, even though they take a cut.

In my industry I'd have to say that fee's are lower now than 18 years ago as clients can now contact performers directly (thanks to the internet) and performers undercut each other all the time as they are desperate for the job.... so prices are around 75% of where they were almost two decades ago. This is horrendous and most industries will have expected wages to go way up over this time... Not down.

So before all you artists out there moan about agents, be very careful that you are not undercutting each other and killing your own market.

My industry is grim.

Sorry rant over... But I like agents!

I don't like or dislike agents. Just like anything else, its a job, if there wasn't a need for it, the market would eliminate the position. But no one forces an artist to get an agent, but when you're blessed to be getting enough paying work that you don't have time to manage your administrative duties (and drumming up new paying work) AND do the painstaking work of actual art (which you LOVE, but dam if it doesn't take TIME), it starts making sense I think. Just like any other profession, some are good, some are bad, most are in the middle.

If you've dealt with 'bad agents', you should let their clients know that their agent might be costing them $$. BUT know that in SOME cases, clients pay their agents to be the bad guy, the hard negotiator, the stickler for things.

If I'm going to a Heat game, I don't think "Dam these tickets could be cheaper if Lebron washed his own uniform and did his own taxes instead of hitting the weights (like the rest of us do) and practicing his jumper so much". Maybe some people do?

One spot left, lets close this out.

Participants, expect a PM this week on the next step with sending your blanks in.

I do have a number of WD blanks and a few others. Let me know what you are looking for and I will check my inventory.

Hello all, the opp was officially closed and I contacted all participants but I had individual that had to back out.

So we are back to one spot left. Books should start getting to me next week and if the spot is still open I will :takeit:

Thanks for the support all and I cannot wait to see what the Glebes turn out.

We are done, everyone should have received notice on the next step.

If you slept on this or have just been reinstated from being banned from the boards, ask me how to get on the waitlist.

Thanks everyone and be prepared for some jawdropping Glebe goodness.