• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

obscure Marvel and DC titles

32 posts in this topic

I've been reading comics for three decades now, and have spent a good deal of that time also reading about comics on forums like this, as well as searching through seemingly endless bargain bins at shows, shops and online.

But today while looking through a bargain bin I came across a Marvel title I have never even heard of before, much less seen. And to my amazement, this series apparently lasted 6 issues!

It's Sweet XVI by Barbara Slate, who previously did Angel Love for DC:

slate3.jpg

It made me wonder, what other books from Marvel and DC have slipped through the cracks?

Don't you guys have any curiosity in you?!

Not for junk. no, as Marvel has put out so much in the late-80's, 90's and 2000's that you'd have to be a masochist to even think about collecting it.

If no one is collecting it, that makes it a nice time to start collecting it.

Not for junk. no, as Marvel has put out so much in the late-80's, 90's and 2000's that you'd have to be a masochist to even think about collecting it.

And with the new Sweet XVI and Cops: The Job Movies just announced...

Moving up to the $2.00 bin

:whee:

It's easy to write off these two comics, and who wouldn't right? However, the junky stuff that no one cares about sometimes becomes future gold. Not being superhero related, I'm sure these two comics will never get hot, but who knows?

It's easy to write off these two comics, and who wouldn't right? However, the junky stuff that no one cares about sometimes becomes future gold.

if "sometimes" means "one in a million", then yes, but you have a much higher chance of finding good stuff if you keep your ear to the rumours and hit the bargain bins with a bit more tangible evidence.