• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Best consignment website

Best consignment site?  

234 members have voted

1. 1. Best consignment site?

10 posts in this topic

I cheated. I chose "Other - Specify Below" just so I could see the poll. Thanks for adding that! Never consigned and probably never will. If I ever DO stumble across a major book in the 5-6 figure range I would probably take a half-page ad out in CBM or CBG or similar and see what happens. Would probably be a lot cheaper than the consigning fees.

I would go with Heritage because they seem to get the highest prices, but you have to factor in the BP and the SP. Comiclink wasn't far behind and with the 10 percent commission it's more attractive (though sale seem to be slowing on their site recently)...

Brian

The advantages of PedigreeComics and ComicLink is the ability to accept bids immediately.

If you are talking High Grade SA, these would be the best choices. For GA, maybe Heritage, but dang if I would give up 30% unless the book was just a one of of a kind type item, which is probably why they seem to have more original art for sale every auction and less and less SA.

Okay. I'm soon to be in possession of a really rare (Gerber 8 or 9) item that I think a lot of people may want to purchase. It's not too incredibly high-dollar - <$5K - but I'm wondering: Should I put it up on eBay or go with a high-profile auction site like Heritage? The reason I'm asking is that, naturally, I'd like to squeeze every dollar I can out of any suc- er, lucky purchaser that I can. I know that Heritage's fees are high, and using them would have to be justified by getting more attention for the item.

So what do you all (I'm Southern) think? eBay? Heritage? Vault? Or something else I haven't thought of?

Thanks a lot.