• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wow, big sale of a Showcase #30 on CL today...

11 posts in this topic

You should have kept the Adventure 247 and sold the Showcase! lol

Must be a Aquaman movie in the works!

On a serious note, I think any of the silver age origin type issues or first appearances are going to keep going up in top shape, even Aquaman.

On a serious note, I think any of the silver age origin type issues or first appearances are going to keep going up in top shape, even Aquaman.

I think you're right, and DC 2nd and 3rd tier keys are probably undervalued for the most part.

I think you're right, and DC 2nd and 3rd tier keys are probably undervalued for the most part.

DC Silver Age for 2nd tier characters (e.g., Aquaman) seriously undervalued.

They are starting to run up now, just like the 2nd and 3rd tier Marvel keys. Even 1st SA apps of villains are starting to jump.

As the big keys get priced out of the reach of most collectors, they turn to more affordable ones? (shrug)

Have to also think that the first ever time Aquaman gets his own book after 2 decades has greater meaning in terms of recognition among SA collectors today. While SC 30's not a first appearance nor a first issue, it may very well be the most significant superhero "tryout" book of the Silver Age. And this makes it a special book imho.

Have to also think that the first ever time Aquaman gets his own book after 2 decades has greater meaning in terms of recognition among SA collectors today. While SC 30's not a first appearance nor a first issue, it may very well be the most significant superhero "tryout" book of the Silver Age. And this makes it a special book imho.

Wouldn't Showcase #4 be considered the first superhero tryout book? The next appearance of Flash isn't until #8.

Guess you could say it's a tryout book but SC 4's historical significance is primarily owed to Flash's first SA appearance. SC 30 is known exclusively as a tryout book (yeah it has his origin but it's not the first SA origin) for a superhero character who never had his own book.