• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Yippee another 1.0 version of every Marvel book again!

13 posts in this topic

I am all for buying a new series starting with a first issue, but Marvel has seriously irked me. Seeing Superior Spiderman as a new 1 for Goblin Nation was the final straw. It' to the point that they will reboot a series after one issue.

I think the way they did it is much better than the whole #1 cycle.

Kind of old school, like where they used to do Carnage Saga part 1 of blah blah blah... IMO this would be a smarter way to sell them than just rebooting #1's over and over.

Will we ever see a marvel comic hit 50 again??

I actually heard a Marvel Comics commercial on ESPN radio yesterday.

I've never, ever heard an advertisement for comics before.

Kinda cool.

Wow, I didn't remember that commercial till just seeing that again. It seems like eons ago now.

Buy comics that rely on good storytelling and not hyping speculators up into buying multiples of the same comic month after month. You'll never see a reboot, variant, -1, 1/2, 0, 1.5, double ship, sister title, crossover, shared universe, annual event, or anything else everybody complains about. None of it.