• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Helloooo Sienkiewicz Cover Set!!!! posted by bagofleas

22 posts in this topic

Finally!!!

After about five months, the Bill Sienkiewicz Covers set is finally a reality!!!

Sienkiewicz is without a doubt, my favorite comic artist. Many of his covers were among my first forays into comic collecting and reading. At first I hated his art, but over time I have come to not only appreciate it, but love it!

One of the nice things about this set is the fact that many of the issues in it are not available for listing in the registry on any other set!! So definitely check it out for some of those graded copies you may have that do not exist on the registry yet. This is your chance to have them listed and shown to others!

When I requested for this set to be created, I did a bunch of research online and was able to come up with over 300 issues with covers by him!! That was a great jumping off point for the set to be created.

He has actually done a few more covers since my initial request. I have also found a few others that were not included in my initial list as well.

But while the extras are being added, I am putting out a keep-on-the-lookout notice to everyone. If you happen to come across a Sienkiewicz cover that is not on the list, please request that it be added in the set expansions thread in the chat boards.

Remember, these are COVERS by Sienkiewicz, not issues where he only did the interior art. I can tell you that I have already requested the following to be added...

Hit-Girl #5 Sienkiewicz variant cover

Shadowman #1 (2012) Sienkiewicz Variant Cover

Star Trek: The Next Generation #1 (1988 mini series)

Locke and Key Alpha #2 Sienkiewicz Variant Cover

So do not ask for these. But otherwise, be on the watch. Lets make this set a very accurate and comprehensive set.

Tnerb and I are also looking into asking him at Megacon if he did the cover for Marvel Age 68. The only place online that we can find that indicates who the cover artist is does not show that it is his, but we are pretty sure that it is. If he tells us yes, then I will request it to be added.

15176.jpg

See more journals by bagofleas

I remember You asking for help on this set, and then when I was ready you said done. You'd fruits if labor are phenomenal. I see you at first and you won't last there long. It won't be me taking you in, but mark my words Flea-Man, you're going down.

See you next month.

Yes, I know. It won't be you taking over at first.

It will be our favorite master of comic book Karma doing it. He is a bigger fan of Sienkiewicz than You or I, and that's saying something!

He also has far more of Sienks cover issues in beautiful raw form than we do, including many obscure and hard to find ones.

But rest assured, big brother. I will be doing what I can to add to this set as I am able, so even if I'm not in first place, I will always endeavor to eventually complete this set.

Even if my Fleas have to snatch high grade copies from wherever they can!!!

Mwaaaahahahaha!!!!

Ahem... Sorry about that. Just the old CGC super-villain coming out of me again. :)

I requested it after the Baltimore Show, so it may have been a little longer than that, but I know it hasn't been 11 months. 7 at the most.

I requested it right before Gemma and Nicole redid the full set request thread.

Now I'm just waiting on one more set to be created that is about 90 away.

That's the Marvel 25th Anniversary Border Covers set from November of 86.

So yet another set battle between Tnerb and BoF. Can't wait for this to play out.

Hands down, we both lost. RonnyLama will take this one. And I think once Shivabali gets started he will take number two.

lol. It may come to that, but I agree with Tnerb on this one. Now that this set exists, nothing will stop Ronnylama and Shivabali from getting massive amounts of raw copies signed by the Great and Wonderful Bill S.

It's only a matter of time before the two brothers on the west coast jump ahead of the two brothers from the east coast.

lol. It may come to that, but I agree with Tnerb on this one. Now that this set exists, nothing will stop Ronnylama and Shivabali from getting massive amounts of raw copies signed by the Great and Wonderful Bill S.

It's only a matter of time before the two brothers on the west coast jump ahead of the two brothers from the east coast.

Come on guys, you have to maitain some optimism for the east side. lol

I did see that Ronny already has the most books in the set, just not the most points....yet.

I was wondering when you would throw out a comment Shivabali. lol

Yeah, he will eventually destroy all of us with this set. He's right on the cusp of it right now, in fact.

I do have four other issues I will be adding. One is waiting for CGC to approve the inputting of the issue and the other three are waitin until Nicole adds them to the set. They have been requested, just waiting to see them on there. :)

But even with those four and what I plan to add to the set from Megacon next month, Ronnylama will still establish the top spot for good at some point by sheer volume.

I focus a little more on quality only with 9.8s, but he will have quality AND quantity since he has so many raw Sienk covers that he can get graded and/or signed regardless of the grade.

Heck, I'll be helping him to take over the set for good, since I am assisting him with some items for Megacon. lol

It's not as much about who's on top as it is the enjoyment of seeing the sets and issues that everyone has. This is one of those sets that has so many different sets and issues, many of which are unusual and obscure, so it makes for very interesting viewing among everyone's sets.

Good luck to all in collecting for this fantastic new set!!!!

"It's not as much about who's on top as it is the enjoyment of seeing the sets and issues that everyone has. This is one of those sets that has so many different sets and issues, many of which are unusual and obscure, so it makes for very interesting viewing among everyone's sets."

SO True! I know the guy is prolific, but I was shocked at how many books are in this set. Great job putting this one together!!!

BTW, when Sienk first started in his new art style w/ The New Mutants, a LCS owner in Reno when I was a kid called it Punk Art. I'll always remember that for some reason.