• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wolverine 20 Variants

13 posts in this topic

Do you guys know if the 1:65 is rarer or the Wizard World Sketch Variant is rarer? Do you guys know the print run for each of those? Thx a lot!

I think the Retailor variant equals out to around 2,000 compies but I'm still trying to find out on the sketch numbers my self.

The nonsketch variant is more valuable. I believe it's rarer too, if only because Wizard gave a copy to all the advance ticket holders and is still selling the book on their website for $25 ungraded, $50 for a CGC 9.8, and $70 for a 9.8 SS signed by JRJR.

This thing's print run has gotta be in the 5K range.

As I said, this is what I heard someone from Wizard say that the print run was. It may well have been a lie in the hopes to encourage people to speculate wildly and for the issue to sell out.

Here's the thing about Wizard variants like this, it was only available in Dallas for ticketholders and for exhibitors (who got 2 each) and now from Wizard's online store. Let's say there were 100 exhibitors - there's 200 copies. 500 advance ticket holders brings the count up to 700. Plus whatever number were sent for grading and for Signature Series.

I could definitely see the print run being 5K, but I have no way to confirm that, but it would mean that Wizard is sitting on over 3K copies of the book (not unheard of).

All I have to go by is a guy handing out variants saying that he thought there were 1,500. Realistically it was probably more like 2K-3K

At 9:45 Friday morning, there were at least 500 people in the advance ticket admission line, so I'd have to think that the sketch print run will be at least a couple times the dealer variant run.

I was there during that time and both ticket boths was empty. There was a line almost out the back door so to say waiting for the show to start. Right before the show started they came by making this line into two lines. Now this line(s) wasn't completely advanced tickets. I bought my advanced ticket for Saturday since I didn't think I would have time Friday. So I had to buy a general ticket just to see the show Friday which was really nice seeing how long the line was on Saturday 893whatthe.gif Anyways while I was in line talking to people some of them didn't have advanced tickets either.

Sh*t! I bidded for a copy of the sketch variant cgc 9.9 at 350!!! Is it worth it?

Thats really up to you and how much you want that cover in that condition in my opinion. I wish I had 350.00 bux on me so I could hopefuly get me a Hulk 181 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Sh*t! I bidded for a copy of the sketch variant cgc 9.9 at 350!!! Is it worth it?

Yes, of course it's worth it for YOU if you are planning to keep it for your own personal collection since you must have placed a value of $350 on the book. If you are planning to resell the book one day, all I can say is good luck, and I hope the $350 was extra money you didn't really needed.

Far safer to be putting money into collectible books with minimal remaining high grade copies as opposed to spanking brand new CGC Moderns from the publishers with print runs all in high grade condition. The former will likely move up in value over time while the latter will almost always start at the top and head straight down in value a couple months after the fad is over. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Yes, of course it's worth it for YOU if you are planning to keep it for your own personal collection since you must have placed a value of $350 on the book. If you are planning to resell the book one day, all I can say is good luck, and I hope the $350 was extra money you didn't really needed.

Far safer to be putting money into collectible books with minimal remaining high grade copies as opposed to spanking brand new CGC Moderns from the publishers with print runs all in high grade condition. The former will likely move up in value over time while the latter will almost always start at the top and head straight down in value a couple months after the fad is over. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Like I said when I get me some extra cash it's going into a Hulk 181 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

yeah i wish i can get hulk 181 9.6 too.... it's valued at 4,800 now at ebay (dunno wat the seller is thinking, he had it at 4,600 and NO ONE bought it). But i'm waiting for a 9.8 or 9.9.... and the money of course...

Oh heck I would never spend 5k on something like a comic book unless maybe it was a Detective comics # 27 cloud9.gif That kind of money better invested in something like Roth IRA, Kids college fund. or Gold coins etc. As for me, I would be just as happy to own a 4.0 Hulk 181 as I would with a 9.8 version of it.