• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Got this in the mail last night and nearly wet my pants: Amazing Adventures #11

46 posts in this topic

Tiny impact crease LLFC; printer's drag/smudge at left of logo; 4 minute hairline fractures along spine; solid structure; sharp corners:

The scan does just does not do this book justice - it's a friggin' beauty! So tight, so crisp - it looks newer than newsstand!

Looks like an 8.0 to me. I wouldn't exactly call the damage to the LLC "tiny." tonofbricks.giftongue.gif

flowerred.gif

I have a 9.2 comic that has similar, but smaller, LLC damage. But then again, there's nothing else wrong with it, too.

You can't grade a book accurately by large scans. Flaws are graphically over-emphasized . . . 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

It's a VF/NM 9.0 O/W at a minimum sumo.gif

893blahblah.gif893blahblah.gif

If the flaws are over-emphasized, wouldn't the nice qualities be magnified proportionally as well?

So, it should all balance out in the scan.

Once again you are being hypnotized by good gloss and eye appeal, while ignoring a multitude of small, but cumulative flaws. devil.gif

poke2.gif27_laughing.gifyay.gif

It has just a tad more wear than my CGC 8.5 White. I'd say 8.0 to 8.5.

Does this mean that this book has a black and a white cover? Explain yourself counselor! poke2.gif

Um...white pages ?

I'd say it's an 8.5 at best. Too many spine creases and that blunted corner. If it was a GA book, it'd snag a 9.0, but as a BA book, it will receive harsher 'judgement' from CGC.

You can't grade a book accurately by large scans. Flaws are graphically over-emphasized . . . 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

If the flaws are over-emphasized, wouldn't the nice qualities be magnified proportionally as well?

Once again you are being hypnotized by good gloss and eye appeal, while ignoring a multitude of small, but cumulative flaws. devil.gif

893blahblah.gif893blahblah.gif893blahblah.gif

Hypnotized! That's it! 27_laughing.gifinsane.gif

You are getting sleepy . . .

Tiny impact crease LLFC; printer's drag/smudge at left of logo; 4 minute hairline fractures along spine; solid structure; sharp corners:

The scan does just does not do this book justice - it's a friggin' beauty! So tight, so crisp - it looks newer than newsstand!

Looks like an 8.0 to me. I wouldn't exactly call the damage to the LLC "tiny." tonofbricks.giftongue.gif

flowerred.gif

I have a 9.2 comic that has similar, but smaller, LLC damage. But then again, there's nothing else wrong with it, too.

My LLC damage is smaller in real life too! wink.gif

hi.gif

Looks like an 8.0 to me. I wouldn't exactly call the damage to the LLC "tiny."

I say 8.5.

Regarding the "tiny LLC" crease, if that was the only defect the book could still get a 9.4.

But there is at least one spine stress line that is longer than any other, which to me is the real defect that keeps the book out of the 9.0 range.

Zip,

Got the grade today:

Amazing Adventures #11 9.0 W sumo.gif

27_laughing.gif

Very sharp, looks to be in the 8.5/9.0 leaning more towards 9.0 thumbsup2.gif

893applaud-thumb.gif

thumbsup2.gif bro!

always happy to be just 1 grade off.................congrats on the 9.0 thumbsup2.gif

Thanks Harry! thumbsup2.gif

Very sharp, looks to be in the 8.5/9.0 leaning more towards 9.0 thumbsup2.gif

893applaud-thumb.gif

For those of you who didn't see this book four (count 'em 4) months ago before it was sent in for grading:

AA11s.jpg

AA11bs.jpg

acclaim.gif

I am wondering if that scraping is a defect in production. Mine has it too. Anyone elses?

It's a printer roller drag - and (almost) everyone's has it (except FFB's 9.4) hail.gif