• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New Ebay Buyer Problem - What would you do?

185 posts in this topic

So now we're splitting hairs? I was looking forward to owning it yeah, but I didn't say I was going to keep it. Wow, it's mind boggling how vicious you people are. I'm sending it back end of, peace out.

Is it splitting hairs if you get caught in a lie? hm

NO! monica lewinsky scandal was not 'splitting hairs'!

(tsk)

What is going on in this thread and how can I get involved in a way that at least benefits me?

the best way is to post pics and gloat about your AF 15 collection. That would put a preacher #1 fiasco into Buzz-spective....

I don't gloat.

As far as my collection though, you give me too much credit when none is really deserved. For every great purchase I have made, I have made dumb ones as well.

Little known fact: I am in awe of Ghost Town and Peter-Loves-Gwen's Spider-man collection. Oakman and a few others have some impressive collections from waht I understand. David Merryweather and Ciorac and a few others in the GA Forum have very impressive collections as I have watched them post some of their winnings over the last couple of years.

Perhaps the most impressive collection I saw was Comicdonna's Action 2-100 with #1 slot filled by the origin of Superman page from Action 1. That set was broken up but to me at least, that is the most impressive set I have seen on the boards.

ps to OP: dude seems like the type to leave neg FB-might want to just post 'google cgc new ebay buyer problem' for details....

that way at least your neg FB will serve as an advertisement on ebay for sellers to block him....

You mean as a seller's reply? hm That's a great idea! (thumbs u

ps to OP: dude seems like the type to leave neg FB-might want to just post 'google cgc new ebay buyer problem' for details....

that way at least your neg FB will serve as an advertisement on ebay for sellers to block him....

You mean as a seller's reply? hm What a great idea! (thumbs u

i thought it was a stroke of genius-make a buyer suffer for leaving neg...an almost impossible feat....

What is going on in this thread and how can I get involved in a way that at least benefits me?

the best way is to post pics and gloat about your AF 15 collection. That would put a preacher #1 fiasco into Buzz-spective....

I don't gloat.

As far as my collection though, you give me too much credit when none is really deserved. For every great purchase I have made, I have made dumb ones as well.

Little known fact: I am in awe of Ghost Town and Peter-Loves-Gwen's Spider-man collection. Oakman and a few others have some impressive collections from waht I understand. David Merryweather and Ciorac and a few others in the GA Forum have very impressive collections as I have watched them post some of their winnings over the last couple of years.

Perhaps the most impressive collection I saw was Comicdonna's Action 2-100 with #1 slot filled by the origin of Superman page from Action 1. That set was broken up but to me at least, that is the most impressive set I have seen on the boards.

you dont gloat but you COULD gloat....just because you dont have the best power in the avengers doesn't mean you can't gloat to regular humans about it.....hawkeye could gloat....

i thought it was a stroke of genius-make a buyer suffer for leaving neg...an almost impossible feat....

I agree. If this buyer has any brains, he'd get his refund and leave positive feedback and call it a day. He does NOT want other sellers looking at his comments in this thread. Talk about cutting off his nose to spite his face. :eek:

I always wonder who it is that notifies these buyers to come here? hm

and ps blocking definitely has an effect-i was blocked by one seller over a misunderstanding of a question i asked and 5 times i ran across books i really wanted and was blocked from buying....being blocked by dozens of sellers would really have an effect.....

I agree. If this buyer has any brains, he'd get his refund and leave positive feedback and call it a day. He does NOT want other sellers looking at his comments in this thread. Talk about cutting off his nose to spite his face. :eek:

I always wonder who it is that notifies these buyers to come here? hm

probably popcorn-munching Slym....then he sits back and goes 'let the games BEGIN'....

it's sort of his version of the Hunger Games.....

it was someone with good tracking skills-there wasnt much info to identify the auction/buyer and he tracked it right down.....

From my understanding (so far), the only thing the OP did wrong was post an image that was from another source. He should have waited until he could have posted a proper image of his OWN book.

However, the buyer, still hit the "BIN" without a) waiting for the forthcoming scans B) asking for more details and C) the description does say 9.2 - 9.6.

The buyer should have waited for the scans and/or asked more questions. I also ask, as the description says 9.2 - 9.6 we have YET to see the condition of the book.

No offense to the buyer, but your first few posts here have been a little...Volatile. It creates a sense that you might be a scammer yourself or a jerk. You might want to tone it down a bit. No one cares how much money you allege to make either.

Lesson for sellers: Only post images of your own books. Don't post until you can do a proper pic and description.

Lesson for buyers: If you are "picky", ask for actual scans or send a message asking for specific details, and be sure of the return policy.

This experience should not cause either the seller or buyer to "never do business" on eBay again. There are LOTS of great buyers and sellers on eBay (yes there are bad ones) and just chalk this up to a learning experience for both.

Send the book back, get your refund and let bygones be bygones.

2c

From my understanding (so far), the only thing the OP did wrong was post an image that was from another source. He should have waited until he could have posted a proper image of his OWN book.

However, the buyer, still hit the "BIN" without a) waiting for the forthcoming scans B) asking for more details and C) the description does say 9.2 - 9.6.

The buyer should have waited for the scans and/or asked more questions. I also ask, as the description says 9.2 - 9.6 we have YET to see the condition of the book.

No offense to the buyer, but your first few posts here have been a little...Volatile. It creates a sense that you might be a scammer yourself or a jerk. You might want to tone it down a bit. No one cares how much money you allege to make either.

Lesson for sellers: Only post images of your own books. Don't post until you can do a proper pic and description.

Lesson for buyers: If you are "picky", ask for actual scans or send a message asking for specific details, and be sure of the return policy.

This experience should not cause either the seller or buyer to "never do business" on eBay again. There are LOTS of great buyers and sellers on eBay (yes there are bad ones) and just chalk this up to a learning experience for both.

2c

^^

if i'm picky about a book i ask all sorts of questions. who would rely on a seller's grade estimate when there is so much disagreement in that arena? you have no pic, a seller's grade estimate and you're surprised the book isnt what you thought it would be? that seems utterly naive.

2c

That was a great summary! :)

remember sellers you can 'save as draft' your listing until you have all your ducks in a row-no need to go off 1/2-cocked....

My post was caught up with all the others that went poof.

A shame.

wait-what? something happened??