• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hodge Podge of Awesome! Grail Quest! - CLOSED!

87 posts in this topic

The next four books can be sold as a set of four OR the #11 can be split out (who knows - maybe someone just needs a #11 in 7.0 FVF?). Either way - no book is left behind. All raws come in Mylites2 and Gerber halfbacks.

(any May/June deal on these books is by PM only and will probably depend on volume)

Last books of the night. Have to get some slab scans done and my scanner here has issues with glare in regards to slabs.

Forever People #1 to #3 and #11 - OSPG at grade is ~ $130, my price starts at $100 for the four

The next four books can be sold as a set of four OR the #11 can be split out (who knows - maybe someone just needs a #11 in 7.0 FVF?). Either way - no book is left behind. All raws come in Mylites2 and Gerber halfbacks.

(any May/June deal on these books is by PM only and will probably depend on volume)

Last books of the night. Have to get some slab scans done and my scanner here has issues with glare in regards to slabs.

Forever People #1 to #3 and #11 - OSPG at grade is ~ $130, my price starts at $100 for the four

#1: 8.5 VF. the wrap isn't great but, given that, the book is really, really nice and I am probably a half-grade down; a press and clean takes this to a 9.2 w/out blinking. Production crease right below Super Town. 1st full appearance of Darkseid and 3rd overall - I am selling this too soon. OSPG 8.0 is $48 and 9.0 is 79.

#2: 7.5 VF-. lots of little indents and imperfections - most of which disappear with a press and clean BUT some of those micro-creases are on the spine and an 9.0 might be all you get out of it. THAT SAID, the book pops. It is gorgeous. OSPG 6.0 is $12 and 8.0 is $26.

#3: 9.0 VFNM. this book is smoking hot and maybe I have it undergraded; a press and clean would benefit the book and I would not be surprised to see it pop to an 9.4. OSPG 8.0 is $26 and 9.0 is $41 and 9.2 is $55.

#11: 7.0 FVF. book shines like new and if it wasn't for a cut into the spine (no paper loss though) about two inches from top corner (looks like it came from a wire display rack) it would be worth a press (it's not). You won't be disappointed though. OSPG 6.0 is $9 and 8.0 is 20.

zz-ForeverPeople1-85a.jpg

zz-ForeverPeople1-85b.jpg

zz-ForeverPeople2-75a.jpg

zz-ForeverPeople2-75b.jpg

zz-ForeverPeople3-90a.jpg

zz-ForeverPeople3-90b.jpg

zz-ForeverPeople11-70a.jpg

:takeit:

#1: 8.5 VF. the wrap isn't great but, given that, the book is really, really nice and I am probably a half-grade down; a press and clean takes this to a 9.2 w/out blinking. Production crease right below Super Town. 1st full appearance of Darkseid and 3rd overall - I am selling this too soon. OSPG 8.0 is $48 and 9.0 is 79.

#2: 7.5 VF-. lots of little indents and imperfections - most of which disappear with a press and clean BUT some of those micro-creases are on the spine and an 9.0 might be all you get out of it. THAT SAID, the book pops. It is gorgeous. OSPG 6.0 is $12 and 8.0 is $26.

#3: 9.0 VFNM. this book is smoking hot and maybe I have it undergraded; a press and clean would benefit the book and I would not be surprised to see it pop to an 9.4. OSPG 8.0 is $26 and 9.0 is $41 and 9.2 is $55.

#11: 7.0 FVF. book shines like new and if it wasn't for a cut into the spine (no paper loss though) about two inches from top corner (looks like it came from a wire display rack) it would be worth a press (it's not). You won't be disappointed though. OSPG 6.0 is $9 and 8.0 is 20.

^^

Thanks!

Marvel Mystery Comics #19 - just when you thought you knew me :-) Golden Age Aliens!

last GPA sale is $800 (from 2012); last 6.5 sold (in 2012) for $1,375. It is now 2014, the book presents really, really nicely and a Schomburg cover is exactly what it is - AWESOME. I would be happy to start at $1,200 and discuss from there.

DISCLOSURE: I bought this book as a 6.0 off a boardie - it was white label and the 'press fever' was in me - sent it to Tracey Heft at eclipse paper and, on examination, he told me I would be lucky to get to a 6.5 and that what I would probably get was a really pretty 6.0 (basically, there was a lot that he could do but the flaws that made it a 6.0 would keep it a 6.0). I ordered the work... and got back a really pretty 6.0.

MarvelMysteryComics19-60oww.jpg

Fantastic Four #84 - trip the light Fantastic!

last GPA sale is $85 (from 2012) and there is no average available to reference... pfffft on that. This is a great book, centering is excellent, colours are great and it comes complete with date stamp upgrade, I want $125 for it.

I have no idea if this book has been pressed or not.

FantasticFour84-94oww.jpg

Fantastic Four #92 - life is a Fantastic Foursome!

errrrrr... what?

last GPA sale is $125 and the latest average is $128... and that works for me. Great book, pages are WHITE, centering is excellent, colours are great and it also comes complete with date stamp upgrade, I want $125 for it.

FantasticFour92-94w.jpg

Fantastic Four #121 - Surfer Saves The Day!

last GPA sale is $282 and the 12mo average is $309... numbers are all over on this book - as high as $400 and as low as $160 ( :screwy:). To my mind the higher numbers are better ( :D ) and a fair(er) number starts at $350.

FantasticFour121-98oww.jpg

DC 100 Page Super Spectacular #6 - love this book!

last GPA sale is $448 (fresh enough)... and its kind of irrelevant really. This is a great book, almost as good as it gets. Discussion starts at $900.

DC100PageSuperSpectacular6-94w-SIGNED.jpg

BEFORE PICTURE

DC100PageSuperSpectacular6-94w.jpg

House of Secrets #91 - scary Adams! also Classic Lady in White cover.

last GPA sale is irrelevant to me (in regards to this book at least). Discussion starts at $250.

DISCLOSURE: This book was pressed by Mike at Hero Restoration.

HouseofSecrets91-90oww.jpg

Would prefer the next four books be sold as a set of four but am willing to discuss breaking out - in which case the SHIPPING IS NOT FREE. All raws come in Mylites2 and Gerber halfbacks.

I hope you have enjoyed the last set of scans - everything from a GA Marvel to some Signed Neal Adams books.

New Gods #3 / 5 / 8 / 10 - OSPG at grade is ~ $120, my price starts at $80 for the four

#3: 9.0 VFNM. this is more a 9.2 than a 9.0 and the book lies so flat and crisp and clean that you might think a 9.6 is more to your liking BUT some light colour abrasions on the spine (roughly 1.5" down) mean that a 9.2 is as good as it gets. I don't think this book needs a press as it is amazing - get 9.6 looks for price that is embarrassing low. OSPG 9.0 is 37.

#5: 7.5 VF-. lots of little indents and imperfections that will disappear with a press BUT it doesn't really matter because of the hard crease bottom right front cover - a 7.5 is what she be. Book looks much better than a 7.5 however and it doesn't look out of place from the other books at all. Fantastic colour. OSPG 6.0 is $12 and 8.0 is $24.

#8: 9.0 VFNM. Terrible Turpin is terribly awesome - one of my favorite Kirby stories. A press would help but there is enough rounding and the odd little crease here and there that you shouldn't bother. Book looks great as is.OSPG 9.0 is $37.

#10: 9.0 VFNM. what left is there to say? like the other this is a book that just looks fantastic in-hand. Yes, you could press it and maybe, maybe get a 9.4 (9.2 probable) but it isn't really needed. Incredible cover. OSPG 9.0 is $30.

Great books.

zz-NewGods3-90a.jpg

zz-NewGods3-90b.jpg

zz-NewGods5-75a.jpg

zz-NewGods5-75b.jpg

zz-NewGods8-90a.jpg

zz-NewGods8-90b.jpg

zz-NewGods10-90a.jpg

zz-NewGods10-90b.jpg

RECAP POST

Selected - HI-LIGHTED - items marked down!

Page 1

Fantastic Four Annual #5 (9.6cow) - $458

Daredevil #9 (9.4oww) - $450 now $395

iFantastici Quattro 10 (9.0w) - $250 - signed Stan Lee

L'Incredible Devil 2 (7.0w) - $225 - signed Stan Lee

Silver Surfer #10 (9.8w) - $2,400 now start at $2,200

Page 2

Avengers #113 (9.6oww) - $90

Avengers #121 (9.6oww) and 122 (9.4oww) - $120 for the pair

Avengers #126 (9.6w) - $85

Weird Tales v.28 #1 (7.0c) - $900 and will take PM offers.

Bugs Bunny #107 (9.4w) - $60

Bugs Bunny #113 (9.2w) - $50

Page 3

Marvel Team-Up #3 (9.2ow) - $100

Tales to Astonish #71 (9.4w) - $175

Tales to Astonish #82 (9.4w) - $200

Page 4

Tales to Astonish #85 copy A (9.4 oww) - $190

Tales to Astonish #85 copy A (9.4ow) - $170 now $150

Tales to Astonish #96 - $120

Tales to Astonish #98 - $110

L'Uomo Ragno #134 - discussions starting at $500 - signed Stan Lee

Captain Marvel #11 - $95

Page 5

Warlock #12 (9.8w) - $95

Turok #56 (9.6w) and 59 (9.6cow) - $185 now $165 for the pair

Page 6

Walt Disney's Best of Donald Duck and Uncle Scrooge #1 (7.0) and #2 (7.0) - $70 for the pair

Walt Disney's Best of Uncle Scrooge and Donald Duck #1 (7.0) - price is $32

.....OR ALL THREE WaltD's for $90 now $80

Wonder Woman #189 - $180.

Page 7

Marvel Mystery Comics #19 (6.0oww) - $1,200 now start at $1050

Fantastic Four #84 (9.4oww) - $125

Fantastic Four #92 (9.4w) - $125

Fantastic Four #121 (9.8oww) - $350 - this issue (different book of course) just sold on Comic Link for $390, plus premium plus shipping so your best deal, by far, is right here

DC 100 Page Super Spectacular #6 (9.4w) - $900 now start $800 - Signed Neal Adams

House of Secrets #91 - $250 - Signed Neal Adams

New Gods #3 (9.0) / 5 (7.5) / 8 (9.0) / 10 (9.0) - OSPG at grade is ~ $120, my price starts at $80 now $70 for the four

Page 8

Invaders Annual #1 (9.8w) - $225

Nick Fury AoS #1 (9.6w) - $592

Sub-Mariner #6 (9.6w) - $180

Sub-Mariner #13 (9.4w) - $140

Sub-Mariner #34 (9.8w) - $2,000

Miracle Man #1 to #4 and #11 to #12 - OSPG at grade is ~ $120, my price starts at $80 for the six

AS WAS STATED: THE $15 DEAL ENDED TODAY, FEBRUARY 25th, 8:00am EST (that includes the ending of the $10 deal as well... for those with a fine eye for interpretation :) ).

Invaders Annual #1 - Schomburg cover!

last GPA sale/avg is $250 but the 2013 GPA average is $275, I would be happy with $225.

I may have to replace this one day...

I have no idea if this has been pressed or not (does it matter?).

InvadersAnn1-98w.jpg

Sub-Mariner #6 - Toothy!

last GPA sale/avg is $150 but the last average is $162, I actually need a little more than that, something closer to the historical highs of 2011 ($250), and would be happy with $180.

I have no idea if this was pressed or not.

Sub-Mariner6-96w.jpg

Sub-Mariner #13 - black cover is precious in high grade... precious...

last GPA sale/avg is $150 and the 12mo GPA average is $150, I would be happy with the $140.

I have no idea if this was pressed or not.

Sub-Mariner13-94w.jpg

Okay folks.

A sales thread turns out to be a lot of work so I am done adding books to this one.

Thread will be closed sometime Wednesday night my time (MST); probably 12:00 midnight but don't bank on it.

As noted the $15 May/June deal ends sooner rather than later.

My thanks to the buyers and those who stopped by to comment and look-see,

Have a great evening everyone,

Jaysen

zz-ForeverPeople1-85a.jpg

zz-ForeverPeople1-85b.jpg

zz-ForeverPeople2-75a.jpg

zz-ForeverPeople2-75b.jpg

zz-ForeverPeople3-90a.jpg

zz-ForeverPeople3-90b.jpg

zz-ForeverPeople11-70a.jpg

Nice pick up! I knew that would go quickly.

Afternoon bump with one more set of books. If they sell - I win. If they don't - then at least I have the descriptions already typed up - so, I win. Sale still ends tomorrow night.

The next six books can be sold as a set of six OR the #11 and 12 can be split out (who knows - maybe someone just needs those). Either way - no book is left behind. All raws come in Mylites2 and Gerber halfbacks.

Miracle Man #1 to #4 and #11 to #12 - OSPG at grade is ~ $120, my price starts at $80 for the six.

#1: 5.5 FN-. mylar for the win! book looks good in hand but there are a lot of spine ticks and a super-long (if super-thin) crease right-side front-cover; a press would do wonders but this book tops out at a 7.5 regardless so it isn't worth it (imho). In hand books looks more like a 7.0 given that none of the flaws pop out at you. Like all of my Fourth World books - its a winner. OSPG 4.0 is $16 and 6.0 is $24.

#2: 7.5 VF-. lots of little indents and imperfections but the books lies flat and is sooo NICE! A press and clean takes this to a 9.2 all day long. I love books that look great as they are AND have potential for more if I want to go that route. Also - GRANNY GOODNESS. OSPG 6.0 is $15 and 8.0 is $30.

#3: 7.5 VF-. wrap isn't great but the book is. Structurally it is about an 8.5 but I don't like the tanning (pages are nice OWW though) so it grades lower in my eyes. A press and more sympathetic eyes bring's it up but not to anything 'wowzee' worthwhile. It's a great book - enjoy it! OSPG 6.0 is $15 and 8.0 is $30.

#4: 7.0 FNVF. in-hand this book is great, really, really great HOWEVER close examination reveals a bunch of little stuff that adds up (blunting bottom left corner, etc). There is an indent line through the middle of the book (back cover) - so not a crease. Pressing solves a lot of issues but doesn't get rid of the little tear (1/16 an inch) four inches down from top-right corner; a 9.0 is as high as you will get me-thinks. Trust me - all my Fourth World books look GREAT. Also - BARDA - BARDA is awesome and of these Mister Miracle books this is the one I am selling too soon. OSPG 6.0 is $15 and 8.0 is $30.

#11: 7.0 FVF. anyone else notice Barda doing a poledance on this cover? Book lies flat and has great colour but the flaws on this one (crease bottom right front, 1/8 tear top right back, etc) keep the benefits of any work done on it to a minimum (8.0 being a top grade). Book doesn't look out of place at all when placed with the others but it isn't quite as nice either. Just how it goes sometimes. OSPG 6.0 is $9 and 8.0 is $16.

#12: 8.0 VF. wow, I undergraded this, should be an 8.5. Pressing takes this to a 9.2-9.4 all day long depending on how CGC would look at that small gibble top center front cover. Awesome book now that I have it in hand again. Very cool. OSPG 8.0 is $16.

zz-MisterMiracle1-55a.jpg

zz-MisterMiracle1-55b.jpg

zz-MisterMiracle2-75a.jpg

zz-MisterMiracle2-75b.jpg

zz-MisterMiracle3-75a.jpg

zz-MisterMiracle3-75b.jpg

zz-MisterMiracle4-70a.jpg

zz-MisterMiracle4-70b.jpg

zz-MisterMiracle11-70a.jpg

zz-MisterMiracle11-70b.jpg

zz-MisterMiracle12-80a.jpg

zz-MisterMiracle12-80b.jpg