• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hodge Podge of Awesome! Grail Quest! - CLOSED!

87 posts in this topic

Warlock #12 - staying in theme for one last book before switching it up again

last GPA sale/avg is $145 but the 12mo average is $77, actual sales numbers are all over the map... all these books are pretty hot right now, I would be happy with $95

I have no idea if this has been pressed or not.

Warlock12-98w.jpg

Turok #56 and 59 - tired of Space? Let's go back in time then!

last GPA sale on the #56 is $150 and on the #59 is $96... the 56 value is high imo. so... I would be happy with $185 for the pair

I have no idea if these have been pressed or not.

TurokSonofStone56-ped-96w.jpg

TurokSonofStone59-96cow.jpg

Strange Tales #148 - tired of Dinosaurs? How about MAGIC! How about MOVIE MAGIC?!?

last GPA sale is $76 and the average is $94 (with a high of $113)... the $76 value is way too low and I am not getting the 'hate' on for Strange Tales (heck, OSPG is at $135!). I would be happy with $105.

SOLD!

Strange Tales #150 - Ladies and Gentlemen... John Buscema! Get ready for mmmmmmmmmmMAGIC!!

last GPA sale is $120 and the average is $124... and that seems about fair for what I feel is an under-appreciated key. I would be happy with $120.

SOLD!

Strange Tales #168 - last of the doublers for this title run... you guessed it... it was MAGIC while it lasted!!

last GPA sale is $93 and the average is about $93... but I paid more than that... not your issue (haha) I know but I would still like to get $100 out of it.

(the May/June deal is only $10 on this book)

SOLD!

The next three books can be sold as a set of three or by 'name' set (which is to say one lot of two and a lot of one). All raws come in Mylites2 and Gerber halfbacks.

(any May/June deal on these books is by PM only and will probably depend on volume)

I tell you truthfully - I have these under-graded. Not sure why but looking at it now they are better than the 7.0 FVF grades I have them at.

Walt Disney's Best of Donald Duck and Uncle Scrooge #1 and #2 - price is $70 for the pair

#1: 7.0 FVF. a press and clean would benefit the book and I would not be surprised to see it pop to an 8.0 (very probable) where the smudges bottom right corner would probably keep it at the 8.0 grade. OSPG 6.0 is $27 and 8.0 is 61.

zz-WaltDisneys-BestofDonaldDuckandUncleScrooge1-70a.jpg

zz-WaltDisneys-BestofDonaldDuckandUncleScrooge1-70b.jpg

#2: 7.0 FVF. there is a ncb subscription crease through the middle but, interestingly enough, it doesn't affect the spine at all; if a press deals with that issue this easily pops to an 8.5 or maybe as high as a 9.2. OSPG 6.0 is $24 and 8.0 is 51.

zz-WaltDisneysBestofDonaldDuckandUncleScrooge2-7a.jpg

zz-WaltDisneysBestofDonaldDuckandUncleScrooge2-70b.jpg

Walt Disney's Best of Uncle Scrooge and Donald Duck #1 - price is $32

#1: 7.0 FVF. as with the #2 (above) there is a ncb subscription crease through the middle that, interestingly enough, doesn't affect the spine at all; if a press deals with that issue this easily pops to an 8.0, where it will probably stay because of the colour issues bottom, back cover. OSPG 6.0 is $24 and 8.0 is 52.

zz-WaltDisneysBestofUncleScroogeandDonaldDuck1-70a.jpg

zz-WaltDisneysBestofUncleScroogeandDonaldDuck1-70b.jpg

---

Or pick up all 3 for $90! I can tell you - these books look AMAZING in hand.

Thor #160 - Galactus! EGO! Buffet!!!

last GPA sale is $204, which is ridiculous, and the average is $260 (with a high of $315)... I am magnanimous in my love for all and would be happy with $250.

Strange Tales #150 - Ladies and Gentlemen... John Buscema! Get ready for mmmmmmmmmmMAGIC!!

last GPA sale is $120 and the average is $124... and that seems about fair for what I feel is an under-appreciated key. I would be happy with $120.

StrangeTales150-92w.jpg

:takeit: as per my PM

Strange Tales #168 - last of the doublers for this title run... you guessed it... it was MAGIC while it lasted!!

last GPA sale is $93 and the average is about $93... but I paid more than that... not your issue (haha) I know but I would still like to get $100 out of it.

StrangeTales168-92w.jpg

:takeit: per my PM to you

Wonder Woman #189 - BEST. COVER. EVER!!!

The white leisure wear, the kick- gun, the amazing hold she has on it, the pink-with-red-sun background that screams both 'feminism and stop-the-commies' at full throttle.

I love this book. Quite happy to keep it.

last GPA sale is $160, which is low for me. When it comes to this book I am a total a__-b_s_ard and will start pretending to be happy to sell it at $180.

Do not be surprised if I pull this book from the thread before the sale is over.

WonderWoman189-94oww.jpg

StrangeTales150-92w.jpg

StrangeTales168-92w.jpg

:takeit: as per my PM

Double ^^

Thanks!