• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hodge Podge of Awesome! Grail Quest! - CLOSED!

87 posts in this topic

Nothing like a little 'real' time pricing news...

Fantastic Four #121 (9.8oww) - $350 - this issue (different book of course) just sold on Comic Link for:

$390,

plus premium,

plus shipping

so your best deal, by far, is right here

I won't be able to get scans from the Inhumans lot up today (of the three lots I mentioned it is the one I didn't have scanned). All raws come in Mylites2 and Gerber halfbacks.

What I can tell you is that the set is complete (1-12) and graded with grading comments available on the first 5 books. These books are NOT as nice as the Fourth World DC's I have been posting, they just don't have that 'feel/look' to them.

Also, this is basically a decent reader set with a couple of books that are really nice and a couple that could be really nice. Good, standard Marvel's 70's fare. OSPG runs to ~ $85 on grade. Shipping will be a bear so pricing has to be set at $50 plus exact shipping.

1 (7.0 FVF) nice book with a lot of indents and such; the good news is that the book would press up to a 9.2 with-out issue with an outside chance at a 9.4.

2 (9.0 VFNM) the one really, really nice book in the stack it is a legit 9.0 and could press to 9.4 (with a shot at a 9.6)

3-4 (6.0 FN or 6.5 FN+) solid books with lots that could be pressed but with no chance to go higher than a 7.5/8.0 (so unless you are a press hobbiest just enjoy them for what they are)

5 (7.0 FVF) much like the 3 and 4 this is a solid book but really it just starts out better than the other two (i.e. 7.5/8.0 upside)

6-7 / 11 (5.0 VGFN) sample scan provided of the #6

8-9 / 12 (5.5 FN-) sample scan provided of the #8 (one of the all-time best Inhumans covers imo)

10 (8.5 VF+) is soooo close to being awesome it hurts - the book is a solid 9.4/9.6 front cover but if the writing indent top back cover doesn't go away on a press you are left with smoking book with a fatal flaw... that said I couldn't bring myself to go any lower than the 8.5 grade pricing. The stain is, I believe, production.

zz-Inhumans1-70a.jpg

zz-Inhumans1-70b.jpg

zz-Inhumans2-90a.jpg

zz-Inhumans2-90b.jpg

zz-Inhumans3-60a.jpg

zz-Inhumans3-60b.jpg

zz-Inhumans4-60a.jpg

zz-Inhumans4-60b.jpg

zz-Inhumans5-70a.jpg

zz-Inhumans5-70b.jpg

zz-Inhumans6-50a.jpg

zz-Inhumans6-50b.jpg

zz-Inhumans8-55a.jpg

zz-Inhumans8-55b.jpg

zz-Inhumans10-85a.jpg

zz-Inhumans10-85b.jpg

Thanks Dave, appreciated. :grin:

Won't get my grail but I did get a consolation mini-grail 'piece' so that helps :)

Last book being offered on the last night for a last bump to the top.

Iron Fist #14 - Sabretooth!!

last GPA sale is $580 and the average is $568 (with some prices into the $600's). This is a great book, centering is excellent, colours are great and pages are white. I would be happy with $560 for it.

Book was pressed by Tracey Heft at eclipse paper.

IronFist14-96w.jpg