• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Northwest Indiana Con Report with pics

32 posts in this topic

This was the first year they had this show. For a first time small show, I could not believe how many people were there. I don't think the people who ran the show either were prepared for the crowd that showed up.

I got there about an hour after the show opened. I noticed a long line and ended up parking across the street in the front of Home Depot and walking. The side lots of Home Depot were all full, as was the lot of the restraunt on the other side.

They obviously were not prepared for the crowd. I had to wait in line for exactly one hour, and most of it outside. The line outside extends in through a long hallway to the back of the building.

O.K. WTF. One kid selling tickets and passing out wrist bands. You see a line this long bring in another person or two. No excuse for that nonsense, especially when I'm in line.

indianacomicconfeb222014007.jpg

indianacomicconfeb222014009.jpg

They had the vendors just jammed in there. Again, they didn't think the crowd would be so large. Tons of people showed up for the cosplay contests. The area where they had the stage was just mobbed. Sorry Dice, no great looking girls to take pics of today, but I was remaining hopefull. :baiting:

indianacomicconfeb222014021.jpg

indianacomicconfeb222014017.jpg

I'm hoping this show eventually attracts some larger comic dealers. There were quite a few smaller dealers there. First Aid comics was there and they had a pretty good selection of Silver Age.

I did pick up a few things from them and moved on. The pics were taken when there was a bit of a lull in the traffic, and then another wave of people hit. I left the show around 1:30 and there were still at least forty people in line to get in.

indianacomicconfeb222014018.jpg

I asked the kid with the mouse head if I could borrow it? He said, " what for ". I told him I wanted to sneek out of the house tonight, put the head on, ring the front doorbell, and drop my pants when my wife answered the door. Then I remembered I have multiple firearms in the house. (shrug)

indianacomicconfeb222014014.jpg

They had a good list of artists there, including Corey Hamscher. He's done stuff for me before and had him do another one for me. For twenty bucks you just can't beat it.

indianacomicconfeb222014016.jpg

indianacomicconfeb222014015.jpg

Here's a shot of the front door just as I reached it. You can see the line is all the way to the back and around the corner a bit. One person taking money and giving out wrist bands. :facepalm:

indianacomicconfeb222014010.jpg

That was about it. Another small show is coming up March 8th in Hammond Indiana. I'm glad to see these smaller shows popping up again, like the good old days. Just wish there were still stacks of pre-heroes on the tables. :sorry:

They just need to get it organized a bit better next year. It would have also been nice if they had a place to sit down and eat. There was one round table with about eight chairs by the food vendor.

That was about it. Another small show is coming up March 8th in Hammond Indiana. I'm glad to see these smaller shows popping up again, like the good old days. Just wish there were still stacks of pre-heroes on the tables. :sorry:

What's the name of the show? Is there a website?