• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

"300: Rise of an Empire" Official Thread

30 posts in this topic

Could everyone who posts in this thread that they liked this movie also indicate whether they also liked "Transformers" and "Thor" (the first movie)? This will provide some helpful context. :foryou:

Could everyone who posts in this thread that they liked this movie also indicate whether they also liked "Transformers" and "Thor" (the first movie)? This will provide some helpful context. :foryou:

Yes, I liked the first Transformers (the rest suck) and thought Kenneth Branaugh's take on Thor was well done.

This movie won't be winning any Oscars. Are we surprised?

The new Transformers Extinction trailer did look pretty amazing I must admit.

300 Rise of the Empire was ok, kinda wish I just waited for redbox. Not terrible, but not amazing.

Decent enough popcorn flick. :popcorn:

Obviously going to be a 3rd film.

One problem I had with the film is that they took the time to show how Xerxes became a god, and then didn't show him doing anything god-like. All he does is sit on his throne, or watch battles from the cliffs above.

One problem I had with the film is that they took the time to show how Xerxes became a god, and then didn't show him doing anything god-like. All he does is sit on his throne, or watch battles from the cliffs above.

That's what Gods do.

With great power comes great sloth.

That's what Gods do.

Welcome to management!

That's what Gods do.

lol

It was decent enough. I enjoyed it but not as great as 300 though. The first movie showcased the Spartans. This one showcased the Athenians. The difference between the two armies pretty much summed up the difference between the two movies. They both kick but one was a lot more ripped fueled intense. Also 300 had the whole "Alamo Effect" as the premise of the movie and that's always compelling.