• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Blu Planet Comics in Long Island, New York goes off the deep end.

218 posts in this topic

Blu_Planet_2.jpg

That's some more of that famous Blu customer service!

Wow. You know, for a few seconds I was wondering if the mob mentality was going a little overboard on this. Yes, a scam is a scam, but sometimes I think that *everyone* weighing in when they have not experienced the situation isn't the right thing to do.

Then I read something like this krap, and I realize that Blu Comics - in all their incredibly ignorant unprofessionalism - is deserving of the lambasting they are getting.

There is nothing I hate more in this industry than shop owners who think that selling a comic book to a customer entitles them to dictate, suggest or assume what that customer does with it, and when that customer doesn't adhere to what they want, they feel slighted about it.

the bleeding cool article is now the SECOND result if you google Blu Planet Comics....soon, when you google Blu Planet Comics, THE FIRST SEARCH RESULT WILL BE AN ARTICLE SHOWING WHAT A DOUCHY OWNER HE IS.....

amazing.

Blu_Planet_2.jpg

Wow. You know, for a few seconds I was wondering if the mob mentality was going a little overboard on this. Yes, a scam is a scam, but sometimes I think that *everyone* weighing in when they have not experienced the situation isn't the right thing to do.

Then I read something like this krap, and I realize that Blu Comics - in all their incredibly ignorant unprofessionalism - is deserving of the lambasting they are getting.

There is nothing I hate more in this industry than shop owners who think that selling a comic book to a customer entitles them to dictate, suggest or assume what that customer does with it, and when it doesn't adhere to what they want, they feel slighted about it.

Someone needs to put together a 101 video on customer service for people running comic shops. I don't think I've ever encountered an industry with less customer service than comics.

that's a great point.

common failings:

ignoring customers with questions while hanging out with friends

acting like you're smart and the customer's dumb and using little insults to prove it

getting angry if customer questions pricing/condition or anything really.

instead of acting happy when someone enters your store to give you money, acting annoyed.

if customer says something naive about comics making sure to guffaw loudly about it with others.

Blu_Planet_2.jpg

There is nothing I hate more in this industry than shop owners who think that selling a comic book to a customer entitles them to dictate, suggest or assume what that customer does with it, and when it doesn't adhere to what they want, they feel slighted about it.

Someone needs to put together a 101 video on customer service for people running comic shops. I don't think I've ever encountered an industry with less customer service than comics.

comic-book-guy-worst-post-ever.jpg

that's a great point.

common failings:

ignoring customers with questions while hanging out with friends

acting like you're smart and the customer's dumb and using little insults to prove it

getting angry if customer questions pricing/condition or anything really.

instead of acting happy when someone enters your store to give you money, acting annoyed.

if customer says something naive about comics making sure to guffaw loudly about it with others.

I think this is the basic outline to 'High Fidelity'.

Blu_Planet_2.jpg

Gun shops. People with specialty knowledge like this can be serious individual_without_enough_empathys to people that they deem as unworthy. I was once in a a gunship when someone that was interested in but obviously new to firearms, asked the owner what a good 'starter' gun would be. He thought it was funny to tell him 'Desert Eagle'... his cronies thought it was hilarious and the potential customer was completely confused about why everyone was laughing. TOTAL individual_without_enough_empathy that probably lost a customer. The customer may not have known why people where laughing but he certainly knew the joke was at his expense.

You see the same on these boards all-the-time. Someone new will ask a perfectly legitimate question and a bunch of people that have NOTHING better to do, instead of answering it... think they are hilarious and post endless .

9pJnag9.png

This one is awesome.

I just forwarded that little nugget with the bleeding cool article to Diamond.

Maybe they'll stop delivering to him since they 'suck' so bad....