• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Black Widow- Anyone reading the book?

28 posts in this topic

Anyone been reading this title? I picked it up on a whim and really enjoyed it.

I meant to pull it but forget and missed the second issue. It has already gone to a second print. It might be a slow burn speculative book since that is what people like to hear. Thoughts?

Story wise it was interesting and showed a lot of promise. I could see the book doing well with the film and rise in interest.

I thought about checking it out since Black Widow is one of my favorite female characters. It's worth a pickup then? hm

Phil Noto does a stunning job on the art, I know his style's not for everyone but I love it and I think it fits this book well. Its also a really great version of the Widow personality wise.

I really didn't have any interest in Black Widow but I picked up the first issue at the behest of my friend and I loved it, same with the second issue. Think the story is going in an interesting direction, similar style to the current Hawkeye I think but just more sombre.

I really didn't have any interest in Black Widow but I picked up the first issue at the behest of my friend and I loved it, same with the second issue. Think the story is going in an interesting direction, similar style to the current Hawkeye I think but just more sombre.

Its cool to see the day to day of the non-powered avengers outside of their cosmic scale Infinity type event activities. But for me Noto is the real star of this book.

This series is reminiscent of Palmiotti and Noto's 2002 mini-series from Black Bull - Beautiful Killer.

An unheralded gem.

There were rumors before of a movie with Alba as the lead. If that were to materialize, then it might get some attention. Hah! :)

I read the first 3 of these (piling up in my pull-list), I have to say I quite like it. The book is definitely trying to capture that Hawkeye/Gambit/Ms. Marvel feel of a hero's "regular life" outside the team.

It also has a very strong "elektra, the movie" vibe to it, with her handler, the missions, and the when is it right or wrong to kill type deal-y-o. I am always at least a month behind (no spoilers please), but from the way 3 ended, it seems like it will be a mix of "regular life" and some MCU interactions from time to time.

I sure hope so, great so far, and I love the cover art to #3.

I find the art distracting.

How come? I really like the art and feel of the book.

Too washed out - not enough detail for me. Though this is pretty.

widow.jpg

It is definitely a different kind of look, but I actually dont mind it. Not my favourite, but I have endured much worse in other books. I read 4 yesterday and am still digging the book. Latest issue had a borne feel to it, and it continues to be an enjoyable, non-sex'd up take on widow.

I'm finding the art quite mesmerizing now - like being drunk and thinking that every woman in the bar is gorgeous.

Only to sober up and realize that they are all transvestites.

bw5.jpg