• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Most significant EC "Post Code" Book?

12 posts in this topic

Originally had New Direction in question but remembered that the first issues of the runs were the last precodes EC published. The first issues of Impact and Piracy would not be considered post code since the CCA stamp was not included.

Is Mad 24 a magazine sized book?

Yes, with black and white interiors, and not strictly a comic book, but more like the illustrated humor magazine with some comic style parodies most of us remember the magazine as.

Mad 24 isn't particularly valuable though. If we include Picto-Fiction magazines, I'm guessing Shock Illustrated #3 is the most valuable of all as there were supposedly only 100 printed copies.

For books with an actual code stamp on the cover, I would agree that ISF #33 is the most compelling with a great Wood cover, it is the last "comic book" that Gaines published, and it is also notable for including a reprint of "Judgement Day" that the CCA initially disapproved of, but had to back down when Gaines threatened legal action.

Originally had New Direction in question but remembered that the first issues of the runs were the last precodes EC published. The first issues of Impact and Piracy would not be considered post code since the CCA stamp was not included.

Technically yes, but the new trend were precipitated because of direct pressure from the CCA and distributors, ergo "post code" genre (IMHO).

I think the distinction of "most important" post-code EC is like winning the award for best hitter on your local amateur softball team. Yes, you won, but how much celebrating are you really going to do when the group you are competing against is so small and the second place winner's batting average is .10 lower than yours?

Just wanted the answer no matter how trivial it might be to others, I'll leave the celebrating for others (if they're inclined to do so). I might even join them in celebrating depending on who's buying. (thumbs u