• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is this foxing?

11 posts in this topic

So first off, if I remove the book from the bag, it can't be returned. It's one of those shoulda read the fine print things. BTW, vendor is bestincomics.com.

So looking at this top back edge, does that look like foxing to you? It's a DC Comics Presents #26 that's in otherwise quite nice condition. But if that's foxing, it's going back.

Thanks, all. Image wrapped in spoiler tags below so as not to make your displays explode.

Op9nQNl.jpg

Tough call D. It could be foxing but my gut feeling is that it is not.

What really sticks in my craw is that you - the BUYER - can't do a page count on the book to make sure there are no missing pages, clipped coupons, detached centerfold because if you open THEIR bag it is non-returnable? :facepalm:

:gossip: Perhaps it was humid the day they ensconsed the book in their special "do not break the seal bag" and that's the reason for the foxing (if it is foxing that is.....)

That's got to be the dumbest thing I've ever heard. You just don't treat people like that. Sometimes I wonder if one bad experience has caused normal, levelheaded folks to go batsh*t crazy and paranoid. It's like a car salesman saying that if you lift the hood to check out the engine you can't return it.

Mr. Common Sense & Mrs. Customer Service say = if you're not happy with your purchase please return it for a full refund. No questions asked.

What really sticks in my craw is that you - the BUYER - can't do a page count on the book to make sure there are no missing pages, clipped coupons, detached centerfold because if you open THEIR bag it is non-returnable? :facepalm:

:gossip: Perhaps it was humid the day they ensconsed the book in their special "do not break the seal bag" and that's the reason for the foxing (if it is foxing that is.....)

That's got to be the dumbest thing I've ever heard. You just don't treat people like that. Sometimes I wonder if one bad experience has caused normal, levelheaded folks to go batsh*t crazy and paranoid. It's like a car salesman saying that if you lift the hood to check out the engine you can't return it.

Mr. Common Sense & Mrs. Customer Service say = if you're not happy with your purchase please return it for a full refund. No questions asked.

Ya, and what else irks me is that they didn't bother answering an email. Poor customer service. The seal thing is pretty silly. I have a feeling they will respond to a return email though. They had some good prices on a couple of strange tales slabs so I'm happy there.

Thanks, all. Much appreciated.

Mr. Common Sense & Mrs. Customer Service say = if you're not happy with

your purchase please return it for a full refund. No questions asked.

Agreed. :sumo: That's totally bat-shi-t :insane:

Quite frankly, that's the most ridiculous policy I've ever heard of.

Never heard of the sellers or their site, and a quick glance through their overgraded raw inventory makes me glad of that.

Ya, I returned it. They didn't answer a second email, but according to what I found, they'll accept raw returns of an "unopened" book. So I sent it back. The slabbed books I got were fairly priced and they filled a couple of gaps for me. Too bad about this book--would've liked a nice copy to have.