• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WB Reveals First Photo of Grant Gustin as "The Flash"

25 posts in this topic

Looks good.

Unfortunately I already know this will be yet another formula TV show that will contain the following:

-angst from "I love you but we can't be together for _________ reason".

-buy the latest hot tune that played during tonight's episode on Itunes.

I'm surprised there isnt any outrage at having an actor of Virginian origin playing a character who is supposed to be from Central City which is a proxy for Ohio.

Why do they have to go and change things all the time, why not just leave it like Carmine intended?!?!?

I'm surprised there isnt any outrage at having an actor of Virginian origin playing a character who is supposed to be from Central City which is a proxy for Ohio.

Why do they have to go and change things all the time, why not just leave it like Carmine intended?!?!?

I was hoping they would cast a black British woman for the role, but I can live with this. I guess. :sorry:

I was hoping they would cast a black British woman for the role, but I can live with this. I guess. :sorry:

obviously holding her for the "Kid Flash" role... ;)

Still upset over the lack of heroes from Atlanta?

they never explain who makes those superhero's costumes. some guy in his basement with a sewing machine could never make that. For example spiderman's costume cost $40,000 to make yet we're supposed to believe some teenager did it. and extra costumes too. I'm all for a superhero who actually makes the best costume he can, which would look kinda crappy but so what. It would be realistic. the plether molded muscle ab costumes look ridiculous to me. And how does superman fit his boots inside clark kent's shoes, anyway? he'd hafta wear like clown shoes to do that. plus his cape would bunch up in his pants and make it look like he was wearing a diaper or something. and note to producers of Kickass-a wetsuit is made out of rubber, not cloth....

they never explain who makes those superhero's costumes. some guy in his basement with a sewing machine could never make that. For example spiderman's costume cost $40,000 to make yet we're supposed to believe some teenager did it. and extra costumes too. I'm all for a superhero who actually makes the best costume he can, which would look kinda crappy but so what. It would be realistic. the plether molded muscle ab costumes look ridiculous to me. And how does superman fit his boots inside clark kent's shoes, anyway? he'd hafta wear like clown shoes to do that. plus his cape would bunch up in his pants and make it look like he was wearing a diaper or something. and note to producers of Kickass-a wetsuit is made out of rubber, not cloth....

Doesn't Flash's suit fit inside a compartment in his ring? :)

I predict this show will be a huge hit. :cloud9:

I would start stocking up on all the key first appearances of Flash villains.

After Batman and Spider-Man we comic fans have always known that Flash had some great villains, well now it looks like mainstream is going to find out how great they are as well.

Looks good to me. I was just telling another board member that If they show a guy running in fast motion it's going to bomb.They need to devise a way to try to emulate how Carmine Infantino used to draw The Flash, with glimpses of Flash in poses along a blur of colors (flashes suit). I'm a tad concerned, but given how they've handled (green) arrow I am a little more confident they'll pull it off.

the whole deal with flash's villains makes no sense. he can run at the speed of light so for instance when captain cold shoots him, it takes like a month for him to pull the trigger from flash's perspective. why does he stand there for a month waiting for this to happen?

no villain should be able to do anything to the flash, ever, taking this into account.

the whole deal with flash's villains makes no sense. he can run at the speed of light so for instance when captain cold shoots him, it takes like a month for him to pull the trigger from flash's perspective. why does he stand there for a month waiting for this to happen?

no villain should be able to do anything to the flash, ever, taking this into account.

maybe you should take your concerns about the lack of reality in comics up with DC.

The operative words here folks - comic book reality :gossip:

when i show up at the DC offices voicing my concerns they treat me the same way as i get treated here for some reason.

when i show up at the DC offices voicing my concerns they treat me the same way as i get treated here for some reason.

797dw.jpg