• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

two identical Kamandi lots-one sells, the other doesn't-a lesson

49 posts in this topic

yeah like I said I'm a shut in and dont work.

plenty of free time.

How about a hooker?

why would i pay for sex when free women seem to find me desirable? Not that I'm interested in their attention-I like being by myself.

plenty of free time.

How about a hooker?

why would i pay for sex when free women seem to find me desirable? Not that I'm interested in their attention-I like being by myself.

TMI

plenty of free time.

How about a hooker?

TMI

I barely gave any details

I always start my auctions at .99 but if I list a comic up just for "fun" i list it at BIN and see what happens.

I had an item up for months with starting bid $35

no action so i listed 99 cents and it sold for $56

that's what started me thinking along these lines.

I think if it's something people want, not a $2 comic

as discussed above, and you start at 99c people start

bidding then bid more than they originally thought they

would-that's why they didnt bid on the high starting

bid. I have many times bid more than I thought I

would on an item, sometimes wishing I hadn't....

I truly think there's a psychological advantage to the

99c starting bid with some caveats like the batman

comic discussed-that I wouldnt start at 99c.

hard to believe anyone would ever put a 4500 dollar book at such a low number without using a $2 feature like putting a reserve on the thing--- that just seems ridiculous.

I would probably use a reserve for anything over 75 bucks - or just put the book at the bottom number you would ever take for it and avoid the 2 dollar reserve

How about just starting a catch all "Stuff Kav Thinks" thread.

You can ramble on all day, every day...but not litter the board with thread after thread after thread.

Win/Win.

I suggested to Kav that he starts a thread in the journal section. I know would read it. But I think he took it as ball busting. (shrug)

Yes I tried to start a journal but I do not have permission to do that.

You're stuck with me here I guess.

https://twitter.com/

It seems you are a proponent of many things. Perhaps you should become a proponent of not starting a thread every time you see something shiny? :wishluck:

999839_414968928611784_1388984397_n.jpg

The 99¢ listing appeared to be in much better grades. Also, nice high res pictures of all the books. It's not really competitive spirit, it's likely due to one seller knowing that plentiful scans entices bidders, as well as having books in better condition. (#1 looked to be 9.2 in the auction lot, whereas the other listing advertised it as F+).

The 99 cent listing - the one that sold - also had three issues below #10 - 4, 6 & 8. The listing with the near $20 starting price started with issue 10.

Do you really think if you listed FF #22 at 99 cents it would sell for 99 cents? Is that really the argument you are making? I just want to be clear here.

No, I am clearly replying to YOUR thread about a stack of mid-grade Kamandi comics, and the possibility that common lots like this would sell for 99-cents.

You have ADD or something and can't remember the threads you post?

And you should also spend a few bucks on a dictionary and look up "identical" because I don't think it means what you think it means.