• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

two identical Kamandi lots-one sells, the other doesn't-a lesson

49 posts in this topic

Ok Sorry I know I'm supposed to stop posting but I believe this is valuable and useful information. If you're sick of Kav just stop reading right here and back out of the thread.

Two nearly Identical lots of Kamandi. One had a starting bid of 0.99 and it sold-for $25.38. The other had a starting bid of $19.96 and it went unsold. I have been a big proponent for the 0.99 starting bid-you want bidders-throw out that hook. Natural competitive spirit will take care of the rest.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/380849229865?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649&autorefresh=true

http://www.ebay.com/itm/151237206330?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2648

The 99¢ listing appeared to be in much better grades. Also, nice high res pictures of all the books. It's not really competitive spirit, it's likely due to one seller knowing that plentiful scans entices bidders, as well as having books in better condition. (#1 looked to be 9.2 in the auction lot, whereas the other listing advertised it as F+).

Ah-you could be right. I'm a proponent of good pics/descriptions too. But personal experience is the 99c starting auction seems to lead to greater success. also I have seen kamandi lots go for much more-it's an anomaly that the high starting bid lot didn't sell at all-I think maybe the high starting bid was a turn-off, but I could be wrong. I have noticed a tendency in my own bidding to not let go so easily once I've already placed a bid.

for items worth over $90 I wouldnt suggest it. But for something like this definitely-maybe I'll suggest to seller of unsold lot to try it-if he does maybe we'll have better scientific evidence here.

I never start auctions at 99 cents. When you start low, you need at least 2 bidders to get your price and you risk losing your item for nothing. If you start at the price you want, you only need one bidder. Eliminate the risk; start high.

My 2 cents.

Ok Sorry I know I'm supposed to stop posting but I believe this is valuable and useful information. If you're sick of Kav just stop reading right here and back out of the thread.

And please stop apologizing for posting. If people are annoyed by your posts they can exercise their option to not click on it.

And please stop apologizing for posting. If people are annoyed by your posts they can exercise their option to not click on it.

Sorry for apologizing so much.

It seems you are a proponent of many things. Perhaps you should become a proponent of not starting a thread every time you see something shiny? :wishluck:

well here's the thing I keep proposing that and it never seems to work out.

But this time I really am gonna stop posting new threads!!!!

Sorry for apologizing so much.

hm

How about just starting a catch all "Stuff Kav Thinks" thread.

You can ramble on all day, every day...but not litter the board with thread after thread after thread.

Win/Win.

I suggested to Kav that he starts a thread in the journal section. I know would read it. But I think he took it as ball busting. (shrug)