• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Books I thought I no longer had. But I do.

38 posts in this topic

Many of my collection is in long boxes that I have never put into alphabetical order. I have thousands of books, and I am just too lazy to do it.

So, when I recently had a "sales thread" here. I just went into my long boxes and haphazardly pulled out books here and there. I put them up for sale and almost all sold. Not all. But almost.

Anyway, I was going through the un-alphabetically filed boxes and I found these three. Books I thought I sold off a long time ago.

I wonder what else I will find in my "mystery long boxes"? :banana:

MarvelPremiere47front001_zps5cf0db63.jpg

marvelpremiere48front001_zps196f3bf5.jpg

marvelspotlight32front001_zps2cf0f9e2.jpg

I'll bet you find lots of books that are hot now that weren't before. She-Hulk 1, Rom 1, Nova 1, Hulk 271, things like that. I LOVE when that happens - last August, as I was prepping for Baltimore, I found a box with Avengers 2, 3, 5, 6, 7, 9, and 13 in it. I had no idea when I bought them or where they came from.

I'll bet you find lots of books that are hot now that weren't before. She-Hulk 1, Rom 1, Nova 1, Hulk 271, things like that. I LOVE when that happens - last August, as I was prepping for Baltimore, I found a box with Avengers 2, 3, 5, 6, 7, 9, and 13 in it. I had no idea when I bought them or where they came from.

Liefeld Goodness :baiting:

I know for a fact that I have Rom 1, She Hulk 1 and Nova 1. I would be surprised if I have a Hulk 271. I can't see me buying a comic book with a tough raccoon on the cover. Ha Ha

But then again, maybe. Ya never know. I did buy a few Howard the Duck's.

Can't wait to see what else my meanderings through my boxes uncovers. I just today, found a couple of Rat Fink #1's. I just sold two or three, and there are two more. :)

I know for a fact that I have Rom 1, She Hulk 1 and Nova 1. I would be surprised if I have a Hulk 271. I can't see me buying a comic book with a tough raccoon on the cover. Ha Ha

But then again, maybe. Ya never know. I did buy a few Howard the Duck's.

Can't wait to see what else my meanderings through my boxes uncovers. I just today, found a couple of Rat Fink #1's. I just sold two or three, and there are two more. :)

Hulk 271 is always a book that shows up in the "enh, maybe I'll look at that box later" box from a collection bought in 2002.

Yeah, I love that too. Just the other day I was going through boxes and found a Nova 1, She Hulk 1, and Ms Marvel 1

Sometimes procrastination pays off . . . :grin:

When I totally cleaned up office out a few years ago (I switched rooms with one of the kids) I found a huge stack of comics in the corner of the closet - 30/35-cent variants, a full run of ASM 130's-170's, Picture Frames, early New X-men, ST Warlocks, Starlin Captain Marvels, Byrne's, some keys and semi-keys, etc. - a big pile of early-2000's eBay/dealer purchases that I stored, and over the years, totally forgot about. :facepalm:

Sometimes procrastination pays off . . . :grin:

When I totally cleaned up office out a few years ago (I switched rooms with one of the kids) I found a huge stack of comics in the corner of the closet - 30/35-cent variants, a full run of ASM 130's-170's, Picture Frames, early New X-men, ST Warlocks, Starlin Captain Marvels, Byrne's, some keys and semi-keys, etc. - a big pile of early-2000's eBay/dealer purchases that I stored, and over the years, totally forgot about. :facepalm:

I usually find piles of late 80s early 90s carp that I totally forgot about .. :(

And then wonder "why?? why????!"

I had that happen once, and posted about it - it was last LCS pull list still in a plastic bag that I found when I was going through some worthless stuff I left at my parent's during move (and wisely forgot about until they threatened to toss it all out), full of all kinds of 1991-92 junk, which was probably why it was my *last* Modern purchase. lol

But thank God I never speculated on any of that carp, as I would really feel like a maroon.

I had that happen once, and posted about it - it was last LCS pull list still in a plastic bag that I found when I was going through some worthless stuff I left at my parent's during move (and wisely forgot about until they threatened to toss it all out), full of all kinds of 1991-92 junk, which was probably why it was my *last* Modern purchase. lol

But thank God I never speculated on any of that carp, as I would really feel like a maroon.

Yea. Rub it in.

As if it didn't hurt enough already. doh!

Sorry, I felt stupid enough just opening that bag and finding ONE of each issue.

Heh, same here. Luckily the only speculation I did during that time was buying a couple McFarlane Spider-Man #1s. Bad part was I had liquidated my pre-1989 movie price explosion Batman/Detective collection in order to fund my weekly pulls for a few months...

My whole collection is one big "Mystery Longbox"

Sounds like my collection/accumulation. Often I go buy something I didn't remember having. Even now when I go through my stuff, I'm pleasantly surprised at what I run across. I really don't know exactly what I have. Sometimes ignorance is bliss.

Sounds like my collection/accumulation. Often I go buy something I didn't remember having. Even now when I go through my stuff, I'm pleasantly surprised at what I run across. I really don't know exactly what I have. Sometimes ignorance is bliss.

My big problem is that I never sell, which means I have vast multiples of some issues, like the 70's Byrne books, Cockrum-Byrne New X-Men, Starlin CM and Warlock books, ASM in the 120-150 range (my favorite run by far), Picture Frame books, BA semi-keys, etc.

And then I see more nice copies and I buy those too. :insane: