• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Trees by Warren Ellis and Jason Howard

60 posts in this topic

Seriously? Did I just pay cover price to read a preview? What a disappointing 1st issue. Vaguely interesting, but not impressed with the 2 minute read. If it takes me longer to unbag and board the book than it does to read it, then I'll be waiting for the trade if the reviews for issue 2 are good. Huge pet peeve of mine cramming several pages of adds at the end of the book. At least disperse them throughout the issue and try to fool me into thinking its a meatier issue than it really is.

Rant over. lol

Seriously? Did I just pay cover price to read a preview? What a disappointing 1st issue. Vaguely interesting, but not impressed with the 2 minute read. If it takes me longer to unbag and board the book than it does to read it, then I'll be waiting for the trade if the reviews for issue 2 are good. Huge pet peeve of mine cramming several pages of adds at the end of the book. At least disperse them throughout the issue and try to fool me into thinking its a meatier issue than it really is.

Rant over. lol

Image and Vertigo seem to be pretty bad for that lately

Yeah... it seems like it has a lot of potential but there are a number of threads being introduced, which keeps readers from getting to really dig into anyone character. Still, there's enough there to make it worth checking out issue #2.

I didn't think it was that short, not like Shutter :sorry:

But, the 1st issue had me wanting more, which is what a good comic does. I'll check out #2.

Zero #8 was the shortest comic books i've read all year

But, the 1st issue had me wanting more, which is what a good comic does. I'll check out #2.

Have you read Moon Knight #2? lol

now you're going to make me pull 1 & 2 out of the ol' short box and read em. Is the story at least good?

I liked it and will be picking up issue 2.

Are we to assume the woman before the "Today I landed on a different planet." panel is a hermaphrodite?

Well she did have a " tree " down there herself

I liked it and will be picking up issue 2.

Are we to assume the woman before the "Today I landed on a different planet." panel is a hermaphrodite?

Well she did have a " tree " down there herself

I had the same vibe. quite an odd panel..i did a double take on that one.

I was not a fan of #2. Just wasn't interesting.

You might be interested to know that Warren Ellis said this:

"TREES #2 came out today. It may be a difficult second issue for people who came to the book with a specific set of expectations. By issue 3, everyone will know what they’re dealing with, I think. It may not be the novel you think it is?"

Yup. Dropped this instantly after #2. I was already on the fence, and the second issue was really disappointed. I enjoyed the art in #1 but for some reason the art in #2 was distractingly bad. I'll be waiting for trade for this one (if that).