• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Trees by Warren Ellis and Jason Howard

60 posts in this topic

I was not a fan of #2. Just wasn't interesting.

You might be interested to know that Warren Ellis said this:

"TREES #2 came out today. It may be a difficult second issue for people who came to the book with a specific set of expectations. By issue 3, everyone will know what they’re dealing with, I think. It may not be the novel you think it is?"

I knew nothing about it and wasn't familiar with Ellis prior to reading this. The second issue wasn't great but its obviously building to something and the series has me intrigued enough to stick with it through the first arc at least.

I didn't think 2 was as bad as many did.

But 3 didn't feel right.

Ellis needs to show me something with this book pretty soon.

Yah, I really enjoyed the 1st issue, but having liked anything after that.

This is how I felt too. Issue 1 seemed like it had a lot going on, but issue 3 was pretty boring. Felt like the entire book was a conversation that should have been covered in 1-2 pages. Seems like a cardinal sin for a new book to create such slow development.

#4 was better. Good build up at the end.

I'm worried that he's taking a bit to reveal what the story is really about.

But #4 was good enough for me to get #5.

Patrick

I am in the same boat....finally it is starting to look like the book is going somewhere, we just don't know where yet

Anyone still reading this? I read 1-8 today and thought it was pretty good. It starts very slow but picks up in #5. The art is cool but the writing is good but slow for Ellis. It will continue but not sure when #9 will come out.

I dropped it after issue 4 which I couldn't even make it all the way through. Just found the series beyond boring and it flat out blew. Nice covers though

I dropped it too. Extremely slow and didn't see like it was moving in an interesting direction.

Patrick

Extremely slow is putting it mildly lol ... I thought it started off pretty cool but the direction it's heading and the rate it's moving caused me to drop it after #4 ... The overall idea was good but that's the extent of it..

Wow, I'm a couple of issues behind but I'm really enjoying it so far.

What issue # are you on? I thought it FINALLY starts to get good in 5-8. I really like the art. Waiting for #9.

I read 1-5 in one sitting and didn't have any problems with pacing or anything, maybe it's massively better in trade format, I dunno.

Trees 9 solicit copy paste

MAY 20 / 24 PAGES / FC / M / $2.99

Beginning the second TREES story, "Two Forests." The Orkney Tree, set among the standing stones of that remote island, seems almost like it was always meant to be there. But, following the events in Svalbard, it could be nothing but a vast unexploded bomb. Across the Atlantic, there is a new mayor in New York City, who grew up under the shadow of the Manhattan Tree. And he might be the bigger threat.

JUNE 17 / 24 PAGES / FC / M / $2.99

Continuing the second TREES story, "Two Forests."

The new mayor of New York City has a plan, and it involves the drowned Downtown area. Dr. Jo Creasy doesn't have a plan at all, and that's why she's been dropped into the remote Orkney Islands in search of something that might end the world.