• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comic Con etiquette- how many sketches can you get in two days?

12 posts in this topic

Going to my first real comic con in Indianapolis in two weeks, and plan on getting sketches from nearly anyone doing them. How many can you get in two days? Do they take very long? Suydam and Perez will be there- do you just ask for one and then get back in line? I am sure some of this depends on how busy they are, but I don't want to be rude either. Bringing 25 of these, so I should have enough, or do they prefer you purchase something from them to sketch on? Thanks for any helpful advice!

HeroBlank2011_zpsb539f078.jpg

Get to Perez first. Last year at Boston, anyway, he only signed or sketched for a limited number of people. They were giving out tickets - free - for his booth. You could only get stuff from him if you had a ticket, and they gave them all out very, very fast; they were long gone by the time I got in the building. He's just in a lot of demand.

just do like that one dude and say it's for your sick daughter, doctor says only thing that can give her the will to fight is 5 Perez sketches.

if someone took over george perez's body and drew something would that technically be a george perez drawing?

How many you get done depends on how much running around you want to do and how much you want to spend. Some artists will do sketches for free and there are others that charge. How much they charge varies depending on who it is and how detailed of a sketch you're looking to get.

Stop by Artist Alley table #4, Define999 and myself will be there and although we're not artists it's always nice to meet other board members. (thumbs u

just do like that one dude and say it's for your sick daughter, doctor says only thing that can give her the will to fight is 5 Perez sketches.

I realize this is a poor attempt at humor, but...

Don't do this. These guys have enough stories of how AW's have fast talked them into sketches...