• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Auteur (Oni Press)

3 posts in this topic

I know this one's been floating around since NYCC, since they did the "Premature Release" variant, but just got through reading it. Really twisted, unique and absolutely awesome. Not going to be everyone's cup of tea but for anyone in the creative fields, or who has an interest in the whole push pull of creative/corporate dynamic it's a great book. Plus there's tons of off the wall violence, not Revenge type gore, much more colorful and less off putting at least to me.

I've read all 5 of these and I've never laughed so much while reading a comic. It's like Hunter S. Thompson wrote a comic series. There is even a scene from "Fear and loathing in Las Vegas" where they drive the convertible while hallucinating.

I think it's the smartest comic I've ever read. Hope they keep it going past 5 because it had kind of a soft ending.