• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

*Comixology Gets Hacked-- Change your passwords

16 posts in this topic

I'm sure all you floppy readers are rejoicing. See below for an email from Comixology customer service:

Dear Comics Reader,

In the course of a recent review and upgrade of our security infrastructure, we determined that an unauthorized individual accessed a database of ours that contained usernames, email addresses, and cryptographically protected passwords.

Payment account information is not stored on our servers.

Even though we store our passwords in protected form, as a precautionary measure we are requiring all users to change their passwords on the comiXology platform and recommend that you promptly change your password on any other website where you use the same or a similar password. You can reset your comiXology.com password here.

We have taken additional steps to strengthen our security procedures and systems, and we will continue to implement improvements on an ongoing basis.

Please note that we will never ask you for personal or account information in an e-mail, so exercise caution if you receive emails that ask for personal information or direct you to a site where you are asked to provide personal information.

We apologize for the inconvenience. If you have any questions, please contact us by sending an email to support@comixology.com

Sincerely,

ComiXology

I love digital. There are always risks. As the Target security breach taught us, we are vulnerable with just about any credit card purchase.

I agree, love digital too.

My LCS links through Comixology for the floppy pull list. I'm guessing many others do as well. It's pretty damn convenient I must say. Luckily I don't have any credit card account info on there… but I still changed by password so someone doesn't decide to pull 20 copies of Powerpuff Girls for me :juggle:

What ever books I had in MY BOOKS library are now in limbo were I can't get to them. That's including all the books I bought and got FREE. Really sucks because I didn't get to read all my books. I hate electronic comics.

What ever books I had in MY BOOKS library are now in limbo were I can't get to them. That's including all the books I bought and got FREE. Really sucks because I didn't get to read all my books. I hate electronic comics.

Do you mean you are able to log in and have changed your password, but there are no comics available under your username? Or are you not able to log in?

I changed my password when the email came out and everything is fine in my account. Just curious what led to your limbo.

Do you mean you are able to log in and have changed your password, but there are no comics available under your username? Or are you not able to log in?

I changed my password when the email came out and everything is fine in my account. Just curious what led to your limbo.

I did the same thing like you. But in my case the next day I was locked out. It would not let me log in or change my password. Nothing. Couldn't read or buy books. Kept getting the same email to change my password for several days. Changing the password didn't fix anything. I kept complaining back to them. Until today when a woman they had contact me fixed the problem. Now all is fine. I have all my books still in MY BOOKS library. I am able to buy books again. But it took several days. I heard this has happened to others. So if it happens to you just keep complaining and they will eventually fix it.

I'm experiencing the same issue as you were; I have been contacted via email and advised that the latest update in the Play Store should resolve that. I'll give it a try and see if that is the case... :wishluck:

I did the same thing like you. But in my case the next day I was locked out. It would not let me log in or change my password. Nothing. Couldn't read or buy books. Kept getting the same email to change my password for several days. Changing the password didn't fix anything. I kept complaining back to them. Until today when a woman they had contact me fixed the problem. Now all is fine. I have all my books still in MY BOOKS library. I am able to buy books again. But it took several days. I heard this has happened to others. So if it happens to you just keep complaining and they will eventually fix it.

Glad to hear you're up and running again! It would have driven me crazy those few days.