• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fraud Alert

10 posts in this topic

So I bought a DVD from one Nancy Klenow under her eBay persona "alternatehound22". Nancy also sells Resin statues and other comic book items. I then realized that she was using multiple eBay personas to sell and defraud buyers under the monikeraka "the*x*factor" also.

I reported this to eBay (She was using the same custom forms to list her items and the contact info was nearly identical) and they said that I didn't have enough proof, and to take her to court. THANKS EBAY.

So i left a feedback that outed her as a fraudulant seller here.

She then went and created another fake email address, then created another fake eBay persona "comicrules101" and bought 35 of my highest-priced items with the deliberate purpose of increasing my fees and giving me hell.

Ebay is probably going to stick me with the damn fees anyways, but NOW it's personal. mad.gif

Why are you guys freaking out? If you never received any payment you go through this (granted, very annoying and lengthy) process and they refund you the fee's. Now Im not sure this applies to your instance since I know little details effect everything but just letting you know if case you weren't aware.

Well so far WE (There is now 10 of us buyers involved in this seller's scamming and we are all sharing information) have killed off every one of her (who may now actually be a *him*) seller accounts that we know of... and have also brought in a few people whose identities this seller has been assuming across the country.

it's also looking like we may get the seller some nice jail time for all his/her activities once we get all the information figured out.

More details can be found here when the seller actually ADMITTED to fraudualent activities:

http://www.livejournal.com/users/atakra/676060.html

Just wanted to post a bit of an update in case anyone here has been scammed by Jon (aka Nancy) Klenow.

We figured out that the seller known as "alternatehound22", "the*x*factor", and "comicrules101" on eBay was using a wide variety of addresses across the country and is currently living in California with his on-and-off again girlfriend. His dad is some sort of city councilman in Michigan and gave us his OK to use all of what he knows about his son't whereabouts to file a class-action lawsuit against this Jon guy. I guess that the chief of police is an old buddy of this councilman and has been giving him advice on how to handle the situation.

Along the way we've picked up buyers who have been defrauded in 9 other states (some for as much as $600) who are willing to add their names to the list of defrauded buyers of what mainly seem to be DVDs, Resin Statues, and rare comics (some graded, most not).

Anyways if you've been defrauded by someone using the "Klenow" name, contact me off of the message boards and we can add you onto our list of people who have been scammed by this jerk and we can put him in jail at least and possibly get everyone's cash back.

OK, gotta make some food.

Sam Atakra