• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

if you had the choice of 2 NM issues

28 posts in this topic

and one was a misprint cover is on upside down (meaning you have to flip the book over and open back cover to read it) and a non misprint issue of the same grade, which one would you pick for your collection?

Depends entirely on the book to me. Some title I am actively collecting I might want the manufacturing defect copy.

Something unimportant I wouldn't care.

I think he wants us to choose either the misprint or the regular version. Not which issue of either.

IDK anyone would choose the misprint, but then again, I am not everyone.

:)

-slym

I didn't read the fine print. Only the subject line. :D

My Action #1 was printed that way-I merely pulled the staples and fixed it.

I think he wants us to choose either the misprint or the regular version. Not which issue of either.

IDK anyone would choose the misprint, but then again, I am not everyone.

:)

-slym

Oh, sorry I misunderstood. Then the original art to Action #1 upside down.

Rather than the first full appearances of Cable and Deadpool in NM 87 and 98, not being much of a fan of the series, I'd probably leave it entirely and settle for a near perfect, non-misprint Action 1 and Tec 27.

What about if you had a Valiant flip book with one cover printed with the wrong orientation?

As I mentioned above, it depends entirely on the book. If it is a run of the mill comic I don't care much for I would take the regular copy.

If it is a title I am collecting, I might want the error book and possibly a regular copy as well.

here is an example of an error book in a title I am collecting:

PLanetComics48front_zpsa477b2a9.jpg

PlanetComics48doublecoverfrontA2_zps210f067d.jpg

In this case I absolutely choose the error book. it is in great condition, is a golden age book, and it is argueably my favorite Planet Comics I own because of it's uniqueness. It is very likely the only copy in existence that is both a double cover and off-register printing.