• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hulk 181

15 posts in this topic

Alright, so this isn't my book, but someone is selling this on ebay. If you could provide me with your thoughts on it, I would greatly appreciate it.

Btw, the seller is, silvermountaincomics. Does anyone know If they are a member? Thanks.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=301116601416&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:US:1123

I would avoid.

It is very easily seen in the pics provided that this is not a high grade book. Plenty of indents in the middle of the book, crinkles, impact dents.

For the asking price you could get a high quality CGC 8.0 book.

That was actually my initial reaction, and this is what the seller said when I told him that I think it's more in the 6.0 range than 7.5,

"It was a slabbed 7.5 that was removed. Make your best offer."

I asked him why It was removed, and I'm awaiting his response.

A slabbed 7.5 sold for $1,100 on March 4th and one for $956 on March 2nd. 90 day average is $935. If you are going to spend that much money, don't go raw.

+1

There's no way I would cough up that much dough for this book.

Another response from the seller after I asked him why It was removed from the slab, and who graded it...

"CGC...Some people do still read them. It was a longtime customer of mine. I acquired it and he popped it out. I wonder how many in the census have been thru more than once."

Don't go near that thing... You could get a beautiful CGC 8.0 for $1200. Any time there's a fishy story that goes along with a comic like " A customer of mine cracked a thousand dollar book out of the slab to read it..." Avoid it like the plague.

6.0 The seller is how do I say, misleading the truth IMHO. There is no way this book was ever in a Blue 7.5 slab. If that book is a 7.5 my 9.0 is a 9.6 all day long.{I wish}.

Does he actually say this anywhere? hm