• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Two beauties on comiclink..asm #4, FF #4!!!

23 posts in this topic

The ASM 4 has been there for a while, I'd have to assume the FF 4 has too since it has the old Comiclink.com logo on the image like Josh used to do. Both are nice books, but it doesn't look like they'll be moving anytime soon.

Brian

well, they have todays date...but I could swear Ive seen them around, especially the FF4..

You have seen the FF 4 around; that copy has been on and off of the market for most of the last year or two. It was on Mark Wilson's site for a long time, and it has been on ComicLink at least twice now. It sat there for the better part of the the last year until a few months ago when I believe it finally sold on ebay. Looks like it might be back on the market again, or possibly it never really sold to begin with. confused-smiley-013.gif I seem to recall one dealer buying it from another on ebay, but I can't remember exactly. I think I have the sale saved on another computer I'm not at right now.

Or it's possible this is another 9.4 copy with off-white pages and the exact same wrap... confused-smiley-013.gif

yes, and very probable. Wilson sold his 9.4 on ebay to Metropolis last year. Its listed on Wilson's site as sold too.

Yep, you're right. I'm back at my main computer, looked up the Wilson to Metro sale, and the wrap is different...it's a different copy.

well, they have todays date...but I could swear Ive seen them around, especially the FF4.. oh well. they ARE sweet!

I think the date resets whenever you edit the auction.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

well, they have todays date...but I could swear Ive seen them around, especially the FF4.. oh well. they ARE sweet!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Exactly.

Of course (IMO) it should only reset if you change the price. This way, people don't just add a line to the description and bump it to the top.

On that note, I really think there is a falacy of pricing books 20% or more higher than you will actually take. I rarely bid on a book if it is already priced to high, even if the seller is willing to come down a lot (because I DON'T KNOW this).

If you price it maybe 10-15% higher than you would expect it to sell for, you might get lucky, as someone might jump at it, because they are afraid someone else will. Once, it's priced to high, I'm pretty sure no one is going to jump at it, and if they do, that's OK.

Thoughts?

Exactly.

Of course (IMO) it should only reset if you change the price. This way, people don't just add a line to the description and bump it to the top.

On that note, I really think there is a falacy of pricing books 20% or more higher than you will actually take. I rarely bid on a book if it is already priced to high, even if the seller is willing to come down a lot (because I DON'T KNOW this).

If you price it maybe 10-15% higher than you would expect it to sell for, you might get lucky, as someone might jump at it, because they are afraid someone else will. Once, it's priced to high, I'm pretty sure no one is going to jump at it, and if they do, that's OK.

Thoughts?

I would agree in general with your comments but when it comes to keys such as these I tend to expect these to be slightly overpriced. I would still throw a bid at them if I was a serious buyer even if they were priced 20% higher. If you get your price, hey its a bonus. Now I think its time I adjusted my prices on Pedigree's site to see if any of my books get a decent bite.

I would agree in general with your comments but when it comes to keys such as these I tend to expect these to be slightly overpriced. I would still throw a bid at them if I was a serious buyer even if they were priced 20% higher. If you get your price, hey its a bonus. Now I think its time I adjusted my prices on Pedigree's site to see if any of my books get a decent bite.

I wasn't necessarily talking about Key books that are either 1) very high-grade or 2) are not available for sale very often.

Obviously those book, market value is not easily determined.

But I see PLENTY of FAIRLY COMMON books that are price 50% higher than the highest recorded sale. Good Luck.

Of course, ComicLink & Pedigree Comics somewhat gear themselves to those collectors who only want to sell if they are getting top dollar (since there is NO COST to take the SHOT). If you want to assure a quick sale, put the book on eBay with either a very reasonable starting price or reserve.

SS - Which books of yours are on Doug's site? I see Gman's TOS #53 up there now.

More common than almost any early ASM (until you get to #19).

So if I bid $1500 it should be accepted right? insane.gif

Books that early in the run and looking that nice, it really doesn't matter how common it is, its still way out of my price range and very worth every drop of drool I can muster.

More common than almost any early ASM (until you get to #19).

So if I bid $1500 it should be accepted right? insane.gif

Books that early in the run and looking that nice, it really doesn't matter how common it is, its still way out of my price range and very worth every drop of drool I can muster.

but it DOES matter that it is far more common than the rest. Look at #33. Thats maybe an exxaggeration since its a warehouse find, but there are more #8s around in 9.4 than the other early issues which depresses prices... Supply and demand.