• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Highgradecomics - Reason for delays/returning emails and shipping of orders

171 posts in this topic

No I did not get a flu shot which can cause this to those who do not know.

Again, this is rare, 1 in 100K.

I know I'm special but I prefer not to be in this group.

I appreciate the pm's offering help and assistance.

As of right now I will not be at Megacon but John Seeberger (Spiderman-on-tilt) will be running my booth.

If there are any books anybody wants to see I will send them down to Florida and he will have them at the booth for you.

Healthwise I'm feeling a little better. One week ago I could barely move, today I walk (zombie shuffle), can button a shirt which I couldn't do. Still have weakness in my muscles. Saw the doctor last night and he was pleased with my progress.

This will be my first time at the MegaCon show so please stop by the HighGradeComics booth to introduce yourself and check out Bob's HG books!

See everyone at the show,

John (SOT)

John, have a great show there on Bob's behalf. And same to Andre in UK. Very grateful Bob has the network of friends and cohorts that you would expect he would, that can step in for him while he focuses on recovering. Feel even better very soon, Bob! :)

I went to get a flu shot months ago and my doctor said " good luck ". he said the bad outweighs the good so I passed. I did not know it caused this.

I had never had a flu shot and hadn't had the flu for many, many years.

Went ahead and got a flu shot for the first time in November/December of 2012...and shortly afterwards got sick with the flu for a week a little before Christmas. Was better for about a week afterwards and then went home for the Holidays. Got the flu immediately again and gave it to my brother and my mom (confirmed by the doctor that we all three had the flu). Worst Christmas week any of us has ever had.

Never again.

I went to get a flu shot months ago and my doctor said " good luck ". he said the bad outweighs the good so I passed. I did not know it caused this.

I had never had a flu shot and hadn't had the flu for many, many years.

Went ahead and got a flu shot for the first time in November/December of 2012...and shortly afterwards got sick with the flu for a week a little before Christmas. Was better for about a week afterwards and then went home for the Holidays. Got the flu immediately again and gave it to my brother and my mom (confirmed by the doctor that we all three had the flu). Worst Christmas week any of us has ever had.

Never again.

Just the opposite for me. I actually got one this year and, apart from a cold, I wasn't sick all winter.

First, and foremost, Bob I hope you are on the mend and starting to get back to life. I've been your customer in the past, and you are an asset to the dealer community!

GBS is no small thing for sure, and I hope your post-onset recovery/therapy goes well and you are able to get back to 100%

On an unrelated note (since GBS occurrences have not been shown to increase in relation to vaccinations) my Epidemiologist wife at the CDC is telling all of you to get your flu vaccine unless you fall into the minuscule portion of the population that are discouraged from getting it. Vaccines are her specialty, and while I argue with her about many things, when it comes to diseases and vaccines I happily defer to her. Here's the list of who should and shouldnt get flu shots And if your doc is dissuading you from getting the vaccine, ask why, because thousands of specially trained, specifically studied PhDs and MDs all say the opposite.

Went ahead and got a flu shot for the first time in November/December of 2012...and shortly afterwards got sick with the flu for a week a little before Christmas.

With multiple strains of the flu virus out there, a flu shot can't protect against them all - you most likely simply contracted a strain that wasn't covered by the batch injection.

Yup. We all got shots in 2012, but my wife got wacked hard with the flu and wound up in the emergency room on Christmas day. My son and I didn't catch it. She also wore herself down in the weeks leading up to it and was probably more susceptible.

Wow, I hope I didn't start a flu shot debate. It was a question they asked me a number of times while diagnosing me if I had a flu shot or not. 2 months before getting this I wasn't feeling well and because I got pneumonia while at the 2012 Wizard show I did not want to take a chance. Went to my doctor, was given some antibiotics. Was fine up until 2/22/14.

On 2/21/14 I'm fine, 2/24 my hands and feet are numb and tingling. 2/25 I'm in the doctor, blood work is done. 2/26 MRI, 2/27 I'm told they didn't see Diabetes or MS. Morning of 3/1 I'm in the neurologist, 2:00 I'm in the hospital, More MRI's on my back, blood work and 8:00 at night I'm getting my first IVIG treatment.

There were a lot of "I don't know" answers. How did I get this? I don't know. Will this treatment work, We are not exactly sure how it works. Oh Joy. If this doesn't work the next step is doing a plasma exchange. Oh joy.

Here is a very good link explaining Guillain-barre Syndrome. Frankly the UK website have better information than the US - http://www.patient.co.uk/health/guillain-barre-syndrome-leaflet

The odds are 1 out of about 100,000.

I had a customer get the swine flu and was in the hospital for 2 months.