• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

If you add a sig to an SS book, does CGC remove the old one?

5 posts in this topic

I just received an SS book which had previously been SS and was re-cracked and signed by another artist.

I believe it had been the lone SS copy on the census but now I see two copies listed. I hesitated to post a picture on the "one of a kind" thread in case there are in fact 2 books now, but I have a feeling it might be the same book since it was submitted twice.

Deoes CGC remove the old one? Do they take the previous yellow label into account and delete the serial number?

With certain assumptions you may be able to make a determination through the CGC Verification portal if you have both the serial numbers handy. I say "may" because while you can get the scoop on the individual books, you can't access scans to confirm. You can sometimes use process of elimination based on the verification information, but it's problematic depending on dates and signatures.

Link to Verification Portal

Goldenteye is right, but it's also been discussed several places on the Boards, that CGC's database is not always accurate. Sometimes serial numbers remain in the system indefinitely, but it might also be true that the database is just not updated yet.

It would appear that they do. I have a multi signature book that has been back many times and the old certification numbers are no longer in the system. If the certification is gone, the book should be gone from the registry as well.