• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM X-Men 14 updated with slab scans

18 posts in this topic

OK - think I have the photobucket settings set better - you can click the image and then zoom in on a higher res image.

Cover is in good shape (to my noob eye anyway). No harsh creasing.

Spine has creases and breaks.

One small piece missing on interior pages (visible on the back view)

Big thing I see is major spine roll.

5 (no clue on how spine roll like that affects the book)?

UPDATED - Scans of graded slab at top of page 2

cardset103082014_00000.jpg

cardset103082014_00001.jpg

So here is the thing.... personally, I would rather have a book that has one big defect like this than a bunch of little ones all over. Yes, there are some color breaking issues and that small piece on the interior, but there really aren't a lot of big things beside the spine.

I am at 4.0 on this one, I think it will be higher than a 3.0. I am not sure about pressing, but you may want to to look into that for the spine roll issue. I think there is a boardie who does it but I don't know his name.

Great scans! 3.0 IMHO!smiley-gen130.gif

Spine roll is factored into the grade at this point!

Is a roll this bad - "pressable" -

I believe it would be but joey post would be the one to answer that question. Check out the link to his thread below:

i love joey post

It is found in the Comic Book Grading and Restoration Issues forum.

Great scans! 3.0 IMHO!smiley-gen130.gif

Spine roll is factored into the grade at this point!

Is a roll this bad - "pressable" -

I believe it would be but joey post would be the one to answer that question. Check out the link to his thread below:

i love joey post

It is found in the Comic Book Grading and Restoration Issues forum.

know the thread - read most of it - I agree with Skow - I would rather have that one flaw instead of many smaller ones - especially in this case. While the spine has the creases (and the roll really shows them off) - the cover itself seems very intact. I will ask joey.....

thx

The graded scans -

firstcgc_3.jpg

firstcgc_4.jpg

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

cant believe it is the same book -

note this is CSS pressing - the spine was really cleaned up. The spine creasing is still visible, just not as prominent. Winkles on the back - but greatly reduced.

Nice. Looks like a legit 5.0 in holder.

I think it even presents better than a 5.0 - as the major flaw is on the back cover now (stress around the staples). Still there of course - but not front and center.

I am just amazed on how well the spine roll came out. That cover was really miscut. Hard to tell unless you hold the slab at the right angle - but the mismatch between cover and pages is almost entirely gone.

I was thinking 4.5 with JOEY working his magic!

Congratulations on the grade thats awesome!

Was a tough choice - but I went with CCS for my first submission. Since I used the coupon - I could justify the express press.

Next submission set in the works - with Joey at the "press".....