• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Staple-less and no staple holes on a Batman 47, Canadian Edition?

2 posts in this topic

We just acquired this book, Batman 47, Canadian Edition, for our collection, and noticed there were no staples and no staple holes through the cover or book. I'll put some pictures in this post.

Is this a matter of staple rationing, a production flaw, or restoration? I'm not aware of any restoration that would involve patching up staple holes, but I don't have as much experience in the collecting of books as I'd like.

Regardless, anyone care to take a guess at what might be going on with this book, and whether it would received a green, purple, or blue label if graded? Pictures are below - sorry for the shaky quality, my dad sent me these as I'm all the way across the country at college.

GLq3aBgl.jpg

WdhAer3l.jpg

7IcEdXVl.jpg

R7CLIjdl.jpg

If it were just the cover, it could be resto, but since it's the whole book, it seems highly unlikely.

I'd say production related. My brother used to own a beautiful Batman #9 that was the same way. I'm guessing it would get a green label.