• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Full Flash Costume revealed

79 posts in this topic

hm Does that mean we should expect to see Flash keys *poof* in a flash this year in selling threads? lol

Kidding aside, what's the "CW" network stand as? I'd like to know which network to check that show out coming this fall season.

Is it just me or does anyone else think a character named "The Flash" merits no costume....just a oversize raincoat and nothing underneath (shrug)

Sorry....lifelong Marvel Zombie....

No you're thinking ''The Flasher''. ;)

Is it just me or does anyone else think a character named "The Flash" merits no costume....just a oversize raincoat and nothing underneath (shrug)

Sorry....lifelong Marvel Zombie....

As opposed to the Marvel hero called the Whizzer dressed in yellow?

Here's a picture of The Flash in action

sx3P01X.jpg

This is absolutely hideous.

It's basically a mix between the Rocketeer and Ben Affleck's Daredevil.

and why is he saggin?

Why do super heroes and super villains wear costumes? I mean, wouldn't they have the element of surprise more if they just wore jeans and a t-shirt?

Because a drawing of guy in jeans and a t-shirt lifting a car over his head on the cover of Action Comics #1 would have sold far less copies than a picture of a cape-wearing guy in a brightly-colored red, yellow, and blue circus suit.

Because goofy looking batsuits are more fun than street-clothes; a guy called "Spider-Man" shouldn't dress like a plumber; take the costumes and makeup away form KISS and you have four ugly guys w/New Yawk accents + smokebombs.

Because the whole idea of "superheroes" is silly (in a good way) and (basically) for kids and kids at heart; it's not supposed to be "real", it's supposed to be "fun".

It's all very simple, really... :grin:

Unfortunately, there are too many "fans" like that other guy who wanted comics to mature along with them, as opposed to enjoying them for what they were. Too many of those types ended up turning pro and the rest in history.

Edit: Turns out I was wrong. That other guy isn't a fan, he's an investor.

Why do super heroes and super villains wear costumes? I mean, wouldn't they have the element of surprise more if they just wore jeans and a t-shirt?

Stealth and surprise are tremendous assets in battle.

And the wear dumb costumes anyway. You fight crime in the dark as a bat, and you wear a bright yellow emblem on your chest? Or you wear bright green, yellow and red?

Dumb.

The Black Panther has it more right than any other costumed hero.

Not trying to be rude here but a question like this makes me wonder why you would collect comics to begin with. lol Do you read them?

No, I don't. Not regularly since I was a child, anyway. I have read maybe ten or so comic books in the last 45 years.

I do invest in them (think the "evil 1%"), because there is a segment of the population that reads them and collects them. Often at thousands of dollars a pop.

Think of it like someone who owns stock in Anheuser Busch, but does not drink beer.

Nothing wrong with that, I don't think.

I am invested in them in more than one way. I am fond of them because they were important to me in my childhood, and because if you make the right choices in purchasing them, there is money to be made.

Sometimes I miss the mark. Sometimes I hit the mark. Sort of like any investor in anything. But I diversify, as one should. Comic books are not the only things I put my money in.

On this site? I would say you're about par for the course.

sx3P01X.jpg

It's a good thing he practiced while he was in Glee.

This image helps me to confirm that I will not be watching this show.

I anticipated this show to be "Smallville" all over again. High school, teen angst, "I love you but we can't be together because of my secret.."

UGH

I hear ya, but let`s remember Smallville lasted 10 seasons.

If they can get 3 seasons out of Flash, then they will be happy.

Look at Agents of Shield the ratings keep getting lower in lower that now a second season is questionable.

So Smallville at 10 seasons was a huge run that has to be respected.

sx3P01X.jpg

This is absolutely hideous.

It's basically a mix between the Rocketeer and Ben Affleck's Daredevil.

To be fair the Rocketeer and Ben Affleck's Daredevil costumes were made over 20 and 10 years ago respectively.

:whistle: