• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Full Flash Costume revealed

79 posts in this topic

Here's a picture of The Flash in action

sx3P01X.jpg

It's a good thing he practiced while he was in Glee.

This image helps me to confirm that I will not be watching this show.

I anticipated this show to be "Smallville" all over again. High school, teen angst, "I love you but we can't be together because of my secret.."

UGH

I felt the same way about Arrow, until I gave it a chance and watched a few episodes on Netflix. Boy, was I mistaken. Such a good show! I'm looking foward to this.

Why do super heroes and super villains wear costumes? I mean, wouldn't they have the element of surprise more if they just wore jeans and a t-shirt?

Stealth and surprise are tremendous assets in battle.

And the wear dumb costumes anyway. You fight crime in the dark as a bat, and you wear a bright yellow emblem on your chest? Or you wear bright green, yellow and red?

Dumb.

The Black Panther has it more right than any other costumed hero.

Not trying to be rude here but a question like this makes me wonder why you would collect comics to begin with. lol Do you read them?

Why do super heroes and super villains wear costumes? I mean, wouldn't they have the element of surprise more if they just wore jeans and a t-shirt?

Because a drawing of guy in jeans and a t-shirt lifting a car over his head on the cover of Action Comics #1 would have sold far less copies than a picture of a cape-wearing guy in a brightly-colored red, yellow, and blue circus suit.

Because goofy looking batsuits are more fun than street-clothes; a guy called "Spider-Man" shouldn't dress like a plumber; take the costumes and makeup away form KISS and you have four ugly guys w/New Yawk accents + smokebombs.

Because the whole idea of "superheroes" is silly (in a good way) and (basically) for kids and kids at heart; it's not supposed to be "real", it's supposed to be "fun".

It's all very simple, really... :grin:

Bingo!

Another shot of the Flash in costume - looking a little stiff.

1901533_804853782861653_68396679_n.jpg

It's tricky when you introduce a full costume into the mix - unlike Arrow which has a less radical costume. No guarantees they'll pull it off - but based on what they've done with that show maybe they'll do it.

I still remember what happeed with the WW tv show - which thankfully they had the sense to can and not destroy the character franchise. But the Flash is being handled by people with a proven track record for success handling these types of characters.

Time will tell. (shrug)

The worst is capes. Even if you agree with the principle of a costume, NOBODY would voluntarily design one with a cape.

That "no capes" scene in The Invincibles is bang on.

:roflmao:

(thumbs u However, in the case of Batman, Superman (and Captain Marvel) - this accesory is used well cinematically and absolutely a plus and non-negotiable.

Another shot of the Flash in costume - looking a little stiff.

1901533_804853782861653_68396679_n.jpg

It's tricky when you introduce a full costume into the mix - unlike Arrow which has a less radical costume. No guarantees they'll pull it off - but based on what they've done with that show maybe they'll do it.

I still remember what happeed with the WW tv show - which thankfully they had the sense to can and not destroy the character franchise. But the Flash is being handled by people with a proven track record for success handling these types of characters.

Time will tell. (shrug)

Don't know if that's leather or rubber, but either way, its gonna be hot, and rub in all the wrong places.

Put horns and a couple of Ds on his chest and that's Daredevil.

True, but only because we saw the DD costume interpretation first - as neither costume looks particularly like the one in the comics.

On this: Is it that we the people have changed or is it that someone is telling us what we will like?

I am betting it is the latter.

Me too, and fanboys are so apathetic, they'll all go plunk their money down and rationalize it as "I' have got to be happy that they even made a superhero movie".

It's pretty sad.

sx3P01X.jpg

The only way this costume looks good is if I shake my phone really fast to blur him out. Looks like he's wearing skinny jeans, and what's up with his big belt buckle

sx3P01X.jpg

It's a good thing he practiced while he was in Glee.

This image helps me to confirm that I will not be watching this show.

I anticipated this show to be "Smallville" all over again. High school, teen angst, "I love you but we can't be together because of my secret.."

UGH

I felt the same way about Arrow, until I gave it a chance and watched a few episodes on Netflix. Boy, was I mistaken. Such a good show! I'm looking foward to this.

I have tried to give Arrow a chance. I have watched a handful of episodes and it is probably just my lousy luck but the episodes I have seen are generally considered to be the worst ones by fellow board members.

On this: Is it that we the people have changed or is it that someone is telling us what we will like?

I am betting it is the latter.

Me too, and fanboys are so apathetic, they'll all go plunk their money down and rationalize it as "I' have got to be happy that they even made a superhero movie".

It's pretty sad.

Of course we could pool our money and make our own :idea: then we can do what WE like :headbang:

Stealth and surprise are tremendous assets in battle.

And the wear dumb costumes anyway. You fight crime in the dark as a bat, and you wear a bright yellow emblem on your chest? Or you wear bright green, yellow and red?

Dumb.

The Black Panther has it more right than any other costumed hero.

Not trying to be rude here but a question like this makes me wonder why you would collect comics to begin with. lol Do you read them?

No, I don't. Not regularly since I was a child, anyway. I have read maybe ten or so comic books in the last 45 years.

I do invest in them (think the "evil 1%"), because there is a segment of the population that reads them and collects them. Often at thousands of dollars a pop.

Think of it like someone who owns stock in Anheuser Busch, but does not drink beer.

Nothing wrong with that, I don't think.

I am invested in them in more than one way. I am fond of them because they were important to me in my childhood, and because if you make the right choices in purchasing them, there is money to be made.

Sometimes I miss the mark. Sometimes I hit the mark. Sort of like any investor in anything. But I diversify, as one should. Comic books are not the only things I put my money in.

In regards to the costumes, I actually like what they're doing with Batman these days, making the outfit to be more of a weaponized "battle suit " versus an actual costume. Nolan in particular, did a really good job rationalizing and "practicalizing" every aspect of the bat suit, from the ears to the cape.

Then again, I think Bats might be the only exception next to Ironman where you can get away using this approach.