• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Volkan Baga

17 posts in this topic

My interests in original artwork are fairly eclectic. Although I like a lot of superhero art, I lean more towards Science Fiction, Horror and Fantasy genres.

In recent years I've become enamoured of the wealth of artwork published for Magic the Gathering (a role playing game, I've never played, nor know nothing about). The images are fantastic - and I'm immersed in the imagery, which I have my own take (interpretation) on.

Volkan Baga is a German artist, whose painted (fantasy) artworks are rooted in a classical influence in their depictions.

Last week I was making a casual search of MTG artworks on the internet and came across this image:

Armored_Skaab.jpg

The painting struck an emotional chord with me (a good image intrigues and spurs the imagination) and I discovered the original was available for sale.

I subsequently contacted the artist directly and pulled the trigger on a purchase.

The artwork's now on its way to me and should arrive later on in the week.

Volkan's a nice, friendly guy to do business with - and appreciates the interest in his work.

I'm really looking forward to seeing the artwork 'in the flesh', which is something I will have quickly matted and framed - to be proudly displayed in my house (should prove a good talking point for visitors!).

My interests in original artwork are fairly eclectic. Although I like a lot of superhero art, I lean more towards Science Fiction, Horror and Fantasy genres.

In recent years I've become enamoured of the wealth of artwork published for Magic the Gathering (a role playing game, I've never played, nor know nothing about). The images are fantastic - and I'm immersed in the imagery, which I have my own take (interpretation) on.

Volkan Baga is a German artist, whose painted (fantasy) artworks are rooted in a classical influence in their depictions.

Last week I was making a casual search of MTG artworks on the internet and came across this image:

Armored_Skaab.jpg

The painting struck an emotional chord with me (a good image intrigues and spurs the imagination) and I discovered the original was available for sale.

I subsequently contacted the artist directly and pulled the trigger on a purchase.

Volkan's a nice, friendly guy to do business with - and appreciates the interest in his work.

I'm really looking forward to seeing the artwork 'in the flesh', which is something I will have quickly matted and framed - to be proudly displayed in my house (should prove a good talking point for visitors!).

Hang this one by the front door with a sign underneath that says:

I TOLD THEM: "VISITORS MUST REMOVE THEIR SHOES!!"

Armored_Skaab.jpg

lol

Armored_Skaab.jpg

Oh that's good! lol

Volkan's artwork reached me this morning . . . absolutely delighted to add this stunning oil painting to my collection. :cloud9:

The artist very kindly included a few extras, including two ink sketches!

I've uploaded the painting, and extras to my CAF gallery, which also includes a lengthy accompanying write-up:

http://www.comicartfans.com/gallerypiece.asp?piece=1106855

Feel free to drop by and have a look, thanks.

My second Volkan Baga MTG painting arrived this morning:

KorozdaGorgon.jpg

Korozda Gorgon

There's a lengthy write-up about the piece in my CAF Gallery, so feel free to take a look if you feel so inclined:

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=1142789&GSub=140935

There are a couple of additional images also.

Got my third Volkan Baga oil painting yesterday morning:

Marshmist_Titan.jpg

Marshmist Titan from Magic the Gathering's Born of the Gods set

There's an accompanying write-up, along with a couple of additional images (Volkan kindly sent me an ink-sketch drawn on the reverse of a proof of the MTG card) on my CAF:

http://www.comicartfans.com/gallerypiece.asp?piece=1162034

Must admit, collecting these Magic the Gathering paintings are providing a real buzz to me nowadays, and I'm leaning more and more towards them. Prices can vary, but they're mostly affordable.