• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Has anyone heard from "TheMightyJohn"

161 posts in this topic

I waited to long - I can't file a dispute with paypal. Any suggestions

:sorry:

I was about to say head on over to the Probation Discussions thread, but it seems there is a line building there already with complaints against him. Sorry buddy. :(

i had bought a videogame from him and tbh i had forgotten about it since it wasnt an expensive item and it had been about a month, but he then sent a pm if i still wanted it...i said yes and then waited like another 2 weeks to receive it...

I waited to long - I can't file a dispute with paypal. Any suggestions

Hey John, did you pay through Paypal with your credit card? You can always file a claim with them.

Good luck bro.

This. Most CC have a 60 day policy, give them a call right away.

I have to stop being so trusting, I try to save people money on paypal fees, and I sent my 30$ to him as a friend being I bought from him in the past, well looks like im out 30$ cause I haven't heard from him and the list of complaints are a mile long. Lesson learned on my behalf. Is there any way to get money back if it was sent that way?

I have to stop being so trusting, I try to save people money on paypal fees, and I sent my 30$ to him as a friend being I bought from him in the past, well looks like im out 30$ cause I haven't heard from him and the list of complaints are a mile long. Lesson learned on my behalf. Is there any way to get money back if it was sent that way?

Only if you used a CC. :sorry:

You have THE worst luck here. :(:foryou:

lol Right?

I will say that 99.87% of my dealings with boardies have been good. But it seems like some people are losing their shlt lately and not giving a flying f...I don't get it.

I can understand delays, but at least let folks know. It took me months to send out stuff from a giveaway I did, but I at least let folks know what was going on.

Yes, just let the folks know if you're a bit behind on transactions be buying for selling. Most of us will understand. Communication is the key here.

Communication is the key - it's not that hard. Luckily this is the first time I had a problem on this forum, most of the board members are stand up guys.

As far as the credit card - no I paid with my paypal balance :sorry:

I would try calling up a rep and say it looks like this guy is scamming several individuals. I am sure you still have PM/emails and maybe direct the rep to here. Not sure what the value is worth or just counting it as a write off but never hurts to try.

Communication is the key - it's not that hard. Luckily this is the first time I had a problem on this forum, most of the board members are stand up guys.

As far as the credit card - no I paid with my paypal balance :sorry:

I would try calling up a rep and say it looks like this guy is scamming several individuals. I am sure you still have PM/emails and maybe direct the rep to here. Not sure what the value is worth or just counting it as a write off but never hurts to try.

Good idea. Can't hurt.

So im out $30 dollars, that's what I get for being so trusting. Im a insufficiently_thoughtful_person. Never again.

Dont let this bad apple spoil things for you. There are great sellers here.

+1

:gossip: FF is one them!

what a shame I hope everyone recoups their funds/books. I remember when I first started posting, left a funny little comment on one of his FS threads and he was a real Richard about it, if you know what I mean, since then never wanted to deal with him. Looks like the duck is quacking now, sorry to hear.